Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did you think of sky's Coverage?

• 17-10-2002 4:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

why do you ask?

waiting for someone to say "it's not the same without George Hamilton"?

there was nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

There were too many ads I thought. O'Leary and Houghton didn't have time to say anything at half time (Not that that's a bad thing :D).

I thought however that Sky could have at least gone to the trouble to get an Irish commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Lennoxschips

I thought however that Sky could have at least gone to the trouble to get an Irish commentator.

Why?

What difference would that have made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea, in fact it would have mde it worse some fella doing the "beggorah" thing for the sake of it

Thought, as always with sky's footie coverage, it was very professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

It would be nice if the commentators could prnounce the names properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Terrible. I kept wondering who these new caps 'Kin-cella' and 'Dokerty' were?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Pigman
    Terrible. I kept wondering who these new caps 'Kin-cella' and 'Dokerty' were?
    Still better than Hamilton though... " Jaap Stum is on the ball now"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Can't get much better than Motty IMO.

I mean a guy who boast this as a quoted line is a legend and a comedian.

"And for those of you who are watching in black and white, Oxford are playing in yellow."

Go on motty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I used to think MOTTY was a good commentator however recently I've listened to just how biased he is to the England Team. I mean I can understand a little bias there but he goes way over board -

As for Skys coverage , yer man presenting match is Oirish as were o'leary and stapleton. The commentator was ok , but the name pronunciation was annoying. Franks unique insight into game always top notch ;)

Overall I'd prefer the RTé coverage but thats cos I don't have Sky Sports and won't pay for it - bring back grumpy and piles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

My only criticism is I think Frank Stapleton is an awful co commentator. He just does not have a voice for broadcasting. Still when George and Jim Beglin are the options I can live with Frank " Patetic " Stapleton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i thought it was good overall and a damn sight better than out home commentary but then again why wouldn't it be............

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Stapleton is the only thing bad bout skys coverage!!! O' leary gave good comments at the half time talk but stapleton couldn't commentate a 5 a side game

and for some reason he is very biased against ireland!!

"McCarthy has been sacked as the Irish Manager by the Fai"

Carlsberg dont do dreams but if they did they'd probably be the best in the world!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Their intro brought a tear to my eye, sniffle

Advertisement