Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lewis vs Lesnar

• 17-10-2002 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the possibility of Brock fighting Lennox Lewis in a shoot match? I know it is just a rumour and unlikely to happen but all the same Lewis has admitted he is talking to Vince.

Personally, I think while it would create huge excitement and a huge buyrate there is no real upside for Vince. if Lewis wins people will point out that this proves that wrestlers are not real athlethes. And if Brock wins people will say it was a work. No matter what way it goes, Lewis is the big winner in my opinion. Oh and if your going to put anyone in a shoot fight, use kurt Angle not Brock.

Phelim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Where did u hear about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

this reminds me

who was it that went up against Butterbean a few years back. he nearly got decapitated (sp?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Bart Gunn i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yes there is some truth in this story

FYI

Lennox Lewis had a short interview with TSN Canada about his negotiations to possibly work with the WWE. He said that the idea of working together was a "mutual approach", and that he was open to working several different positions, indicating that he would work well as a guest referee for something.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

so never say it wont happen, after all didnt Ali get involved in wrestling! (and yes I know he did)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

There's no way that will ever happen.
    Even if Lewis does ever do something with WWE, it will be in the same capacity as Tyson, Arnie and Ali; guest ref or something.

If they did have a genuine shoot though, Lesnar would tear Lewis' head off in 10 seconds.
    A boxer wouldn't stand a chance against an amateur wrestler.
    Do you guys watch UFC? ALL the top guys are grapplers; greco- roman wrestling, Judo, MMA, Shootfighting, etc.
    The strikers (especially boxers) always get hammered in the first minute because they get taken down.
    Even on the scale of all strikers (Karate, Tae-Kwon Do, Boxing etc), boxers are the lowest- vermin if you will, because all they can do is throw their fists around. At least the other strikers are diciplined in something with a bit of class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ali actually had a match a few years back, it was meant to be worked but they couldnt come up with a finish so they made it a shoot. Ali Vs Inoki, Inoki just stayed on the ground and kicked in the same place constantly which left ali with permenant damage in his leg.
    ali-inoki.jpg

Proves my point exactly. Imagine if Inoki actually took Ali down. Ali would have been completely helpless.
    So Lewis would have NO CHANCE against Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

The wording of the rules would largely determine who would win. If it was boxing orientated then for sure lewis would win. And don`t think for one minute that Lewis is going to agree to a UFC type shoot fight with Lesnar. Of course he would be destroyed. My feeling is that whatever happens it will be a work. In that interview lewis states he is talking about being a special referee or something, but as Meltzer points out on wrestlingobserver.com this could provide the starting point for the angle. If it happens it will definetly be a money angle- although I said that last year about the Invasion!!!

Oh and whatever about Tito (and Shamrock may beat him!) Kurt Angle would destroy all of the above with the right preparation!!

Phelim
    PS I can`t remember if it was Bart Gunn or Marc Mero that fought Butterbean?

• Advertisement

And Superman Would have Batman! my da would kill your da! etc..

Lesnars Sheer size would be a big factor in any fight but with a wrestler Vs striker you never know what would happen, Lesnar hasnt proved himself as a hit taker, if lewis landed a decent one he would most likely put him out cold, however if lesnar got lewis down, then it would be game over. but the only way that scenario would happen would be with MMA (mixed Martial arts) rules, which might be ok for lesnar or angle Lewis has diddley squat experience in grappling so most likely he wouldnt agree to the rules. in a boxing match though lewis would destroy anyone, come on, i know a lot of wrestlers etc are tough, but lewis is the WORLD CHAMPION not some dope down the local club.

As far as i rember there was a Mark mero Vs bart gunn boxing match first and then there was the famous Butterbean Vs Gunn match that last about 30 seconds:D

Originally posted by bombidol
    And Superman Would have Batman! my da would kill your da! etc..

Lesnars Sheer size would be a big factor in any fight but with a wrestler Vs striker you never know what would happen, Lesnar hasnt proved himself as a hit taker, if lewis landed a decent one he would most likely put him out cold, however if lesnar got lewis down, then it would be game over. but the only way that scenario would happen would be with MMA (mixed Martial arts) rules, which might be ok for lesnar or angle Lewis has diddley squat experience in grappling so most likely he wouldnt agree to the rules. in a boxing match though lewis would destroy anyone, come on, i know a lot of wrestlers etc are tough, but lewis is the WORLD CHAMPION not some dope down the local club.

As far as i rember there was a Mark mero Vs bart gunn boxing match first and then there was the famous Butterbean Vs Gunn match that last about 30 seconds:D

Superman would definItly have Batman, but my Da would bate your Da around.

Yeah but that was with the super suit thing, any this is going off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

The boxer vs ufc/wrestler thing has come up before. It's a publicity stunt, frank warren did it when UFC did their london show earlier this year claiming any of his boxers could beat any of the ufc guys and anyone who's watched any amount of ufc knows that's just absurd. I'd guess that the lesner/lewis thing is more to help both camps, lewis needs to keep in the news as much as he can and the wwe need the same, it wouldn't surprise me if we see lewis in the wwe but there's absolutly no chance it would be in a shoot fight with anyone. A couple of good kicks to the knee/leg inoki style would end it very fast.

Originally posted by brianhoulihan
    Okay then boys; Who would win between 'Ross' from friends, and 'Greg' from Dharma and Greg? Seriously, they're both very even matched physically.

Give it a rest Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hen-s-e

I thought it was buff bagwell that got creamed by Butterbean.
    Nevertheless Austin lost a bet to the Rock as the Rock backed butterbean to win.
    Austin referred to Butterbean as "a bad bad son of a bitch after the match"
    PS- if Lesnar really wanted to prove himself then I reckon that he should go one on one with Frank Shamrock .There obviously wont be as much hype about it but if Lesnar beat Frank then it would elevate him to a new level in the eyes of most MMA/Wrestling fans.
    Even though Frank is about 120pounds lighter than Lesnar I reckon Frank would still whup his ass.As for Lesnar v Lewis If Lesnar doesn't win then his career is over.

Advertisement