Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircomnet to support v.92

Options
  • 17-10-2002 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Eircomnet to support v.92
    I don't know if this is old news but I hadn't heard it before...

According to the latest edition of Eircom Live, the internal eircom newsletter, Eircomnet will support v.92 in the near furure.

If you want quotes just ask.
    I'm too lazy to type right now...

b

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm sorry but what a bloody waste upgrading the systems to support v92

They should work on introducing broadband to people not upgrading dialup access for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Oh don't misunderstand me.
    I would love nothing better than to have 24/7 broadband at a resonable cost but lets face the reality here.

1. We live in a country with a total population less than that of a medium euopean city.

2. We have no real competition between telcos in the consumer market.

3. If you outside the four or five biggest towns (because thats all they are) in ireland you have 0 chance of wired broadband in the next 5-6 years.

With this in mind i reacently purchaced a 56k 3Com USR corporate modem for ?300 a new analog line and a UTV account.

I know my place, I'm Irish :(

b

Advertisement