Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Student Credit Card

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The government takes 10 euro for having a pass card and 40 euro for a credit card....... I had it taken out of my account last month..... I don't understand the thinking behind the 10 euro charge...... Hmmmmm

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! just got my renewed card and it STILL has these gobsheits in the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ha ha go on the bank of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

as for times changing and students being approved for credit cards, i got an unsoliceted letter offering me one from BOI(preapproved) wat does BOI card look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tis a standard yellow Mastercard. And it's a little fecker, always forcing me to use it to buy cheap stuff online :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

thats not three bad, talking to a chap today who always ends up buying stuuf off telly late @ night with beer in him!! three thigh masters sitting at home!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by carrotcake
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! just got my renewed card and it STILL has these gobsheits in the front!

The competing BOI card is the sole of discretion!

Hey did the EUR 400 limit increase when you renewed?

nah :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by myhandle
    Yes that TAX is charged to all credit card accounts by the Government.

It is bank FEES that students do not have to pay.

Well up to last year that TAX wasn't charged to student credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

twas done this year though, got screwed for it in april IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MINOGUE

yeah €40 euro government tax on all CC but if you get an Ulsterbank CC and spend over €5000 in a year (thats right €5000) Ulster bank will pay de 40 euro.

aib have a new thing on their internet banking site where you can now apply for a credit limit increase. i clicked on it and they'd already approved me for a €300 increase. not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 flats

where on the website is that, carrotcake???

log in and go look at your credit card statement. there should be a link just above the beginning of the statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by carrotcake
    aib have a new thing on their internet banking site where you can now apply for a credit limit increase. i clicked on it and they'd already approved me for a €300 increase. not bad

400 + 300 = 700

and you can try again in another six months

when I tried it first it said it was unavailable at the time, but worked the next day, perhaps a human reviewed, or perhaps it was the weekend

either way 700 is a decent limit

I presume the daily and per transaction cap, previously 400, has increased to 700 also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i got the Bank of ireland credit card.
    Very nice actually. No gimps on it. Just a shiny mastercard :)
    Didnt take long to get either. Had hardly any money in the account so they must be giving them out fairly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I wanted to get me one a dems but yea have to have an account with them for 6 months. feckin 3 months left :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nillox

how do i transfer money into the aib student mastercard account over the net?
    i cant raise the limit and some of the things i need to buy are over 600E (which is my limit)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

do you have it set up online so that you can pay off your credit card online?

if so just pay extra into the account.

if not you'll have to ring 24hour banking to set it up for you.

and wow talk about dragging up a zombie thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nillox

oh ya good idea paying extra into the account, thanks i didnt think of that, hope it works

• Advertisement
Advertisement