Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap CD's and DVD's on the net!!

Options
  • 17-10-2002 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine recently told me about this site where you can buy music at fairly decent prices (Well...decent compared to the ridiculous prices in the shops at the moment!)

Anyways, new release (CD's) are going for 13.95 (Euros, to you bud!) For example; the current Rolling Stones album (Forty Licks) If I was to buy it in town, would set me back the guts of 35 Euros. But on this site will only cost me 20.95 Euros!

AND...Delivery is free........free...........FREE I TELLS YA!

*ahem*

Also their "Bargain Basement" has got older CD's going for around 10.95. All you pay for is the price of the CD and no charge for delivery or post or packaging or anything......BRILLIANT!!!!

Fair enough...EVERYONE probably knows this site has existed for ages but it's all new to me and not a lot of my mates knew about it (In fact neither of my mates knew about it!! :D )

You can also get your grubby little mitts on certain pre-releases, again at fairly decent prices.

I thought it was pretty good meself! But if anyone knows of other site for cheaper CD's then waste no time in correcting my sorry ass!

Ok, I'm starting to sound like a sales rep for them, so give it a look.

www.cdwow.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Okie
    Ok, I'm starting to sound like a sales rep for them, so give it a look.

Are you sure you're not? You sure you've never got up in the morning, went to work and realised you are working for them?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

It's an excellent site. I got a couple of cds for €13.95 each that would have cost at least €21.95 in HMV. The postmark was from Hong Kong! It's a pity you can only get the top 75 albums and a very small back catalogue. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Are you sure you're not? You sure you've never got up in the morning, went to work and realised you are working for them?? :p

Me?...Get up in the morning?..I'm sorry. You must have me confused for someone else! I'm up at the crack of noon every day! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Whats with cdwow anyway.. they take uk debit cards but not irish ones like Laser.. very strange, are they based in the UK?

either way http://www.musicselection.com are absolutely brilliant for rare stuff...only online shop Ive seen that has Bethany Curves "Gold"... delivery only 2 dollars a cd... mostly it works out cheaper.. mostly..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, they're based in UK it seems as I had to phone them once. The service is very good. I think CD's on Play.com work out at around the same price though CDwow.ie is in €uro meaning no need to make currency conversions.

It's a pity that sites based in UK like Play don't have both Sterling and Euro conversions listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Yes, they're based in UK it seems as I had to phone them once. The service is very good. I think CD's on Play.com work out at around the same price though CDwow.ie is in €uro meaning no need to make currency conversions.

It's a pity that sites based in UK like Play don't have both Sterling and Euro conversions listed.

Play works out a little more expensive (still saves on Irish store prices) but is great at getting US import titles before their US release dates and months before they're out here (if they ever are) Instead of throwing up the price because they're imported, they're lowered. Puts the likes of HMV etc. in a pretty bad light.

Advertisement