Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool site

• 17-10-2002 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What do you think of this site?

This sort of advertising is not allowed - please contact the admins if you are interested in advertising.

Thx

Vex

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Your not spamming us, BTW I've just banned you from For Sale/wanted. Should be banned from here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

The admins should post the e-mail address these ppl use to register to the public, so we can forward all our spam to them, err i mean forward our 'cool sites' to them.

Seriously - if they do lame ass ****, **** them, the boards.ie way :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Vex just 12 click her or whatever it's called these days. Shes spammed on 3 boards in her first 3 posts so far, even under 'extreme ironing' ffs :) They didn't set this account up to chat anyway. No point chasin them around all the boards and editing their posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Where's all the negative energy coming from?

I wasn't trying to spam anyone. I wanted to honestly know what people thought of the site - I only put it up recently and wanted to get people's views of it. That's why I put it in the after hours section.

I wasn't trying to use this is as a way to advertise - I'm sorry if this offended you.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

didnt the "dont post For Profit sites on boards" bit of intro message clarify our position?

YOU may think we all need to know about your site and review it etc. To us you are just another e-commerce site filling our lives with useless crap.

And dont tell me its not advertising. If you want an opinion ask you're mum.
    Actually, (from your site):
    "I bought one for one of the lads
    in work. Everyone loved it.
    I'll definitely be ordering more!"
    - Pamela Carroll, Dublin

It seems you already did Mr(s) Carroll.

Imagine if EVERYONE here acted like you. We'd be KNEE deep in false requests to "have a look at my site" and "do you want to see naked pics of me, I'm 16" posts.

We dont like Spam. You are Spamming us. Do the math.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

it doesnt cause offence, its just a nuisance editing out something that is frowned upon by the users of the forums.

If you want feedback on the design of the site you could try the webmaster forum, but to be honest it tasted like spam as in simply trying to drive traffic to a commercial site

If you do want real feedback from webmasters on the design and implementation security, etc you could try joining the open list at www.webnet.ie/open.

or you could try the webmaster forums in the technology section, just word the request for review so not trying to drive traffic.

[Blade, darling, I like to give everyone a chance to see the error of their ways before a banning, they may ultimately become a welcome addition to our community... xXx]

Vex.

Originally posted by acarroll
    I wanted to honestly know what people thought of the site - I only put it up recently and wanted to get people's views of it. That's why I put it in the after hours section.

I wasn't trying to use this is as a way to advertise - I'm sorry if this offended you.

You were advertising your CD's on the for sale board, extreme sports and here in your first 3 posts, does this look like you were simply looking for opinions?

Personalized CDs, for Birthdays, Congratulations, Christmas, etc. All occasions and all ages!
    Ideal for parties etc. Person's name included in the songs for their special day!
    Includes a personalised inlay card, with a personalised message from you, so they can have a keepsake, as well as a great novelty CD. Each one recorded professionally with high quality music and sound effects. Make it a party to remember!

Looks like you just set up that account for the sole purpose of spamming us.

And here, in the After Hours outback, we see 2 prime admins... One is nasty and rude(DeV) the other helpfull, smooth and sexy(Vex)

I bet you anything it wasn't Vex that locked my thread on afterhours, cos he's nice.

Must have been that rude one. I don't even have any proof - but since no admin or mod gave me an explination - I'll assume it was DeV.

It has been noted Tommy

:)

Originally posted by Vexorg
    [Blade, darling, I like to give everyone a chance to see the error of their ways before a banning, they may ultimately become a welcome addition to our community... xXx]

Your just hoping shes cute aren't you?!!! Mr. Sexborg. But by golly if all this goes wrong shes your pet and you will have to clean up after her, just remember that, right!!!

I think you're wrong Blade. Vexorg always has been, and always will be a great role model for all us boards.ie users. I trust his judgement.

Vex is the type of person that thinks first and then acts... a rare quality for an admin these days.

We salute you Mr. Vexorg, Queen of the B's :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bubbles you total TROLL :)

BTW, I didnt lock your thread. Honest.

Anyway, I'm sick of people posting "hey anyone want to look at my site" style of advertising. These people just want to parasite off us, if they had a hundred decent posts under their belt I'd say "fine, ask away in the right forums" but ffs, just arriving and spamming fora isnt on.

Ban 'em all let God sort em out.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

actually bubbles, Devore is innocent in this regard...Im the one who locked the thread :p

What special boards.ie powers did DeVore give you to say that Monty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I thought the loyalist anti-irish faction locked the thread to stop shinji killing catholics?

Advertisement