Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best movies in the World, ever

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Snatch was so the best! It just really entertained me. I mean, the movie was kickass all the way through but the way they finished it was to me, pure genius. I'm hyper in case noone noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Gah shocking movies mentioned here *cough*OrangeRhino*cough*.
    Anyway here are two excellent films that seem to have been forgotten, Fight Club with Brad Pitt and Ed Norton and American History X also with Ed Norton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Happy CTYI guy
    me thinks this place could do with a good poll. Movies i think are in order now
    Can I take it that you've only ever seen 14 movies during your life then?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Who the hell voted for Unbreakable? It was crap! I enjoyed going to see it but not because the movie was in any way good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Unbreakable was good. You are silly. <I voted Pulp Fiction btw>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

out of that list, pulp fiction definately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

I have to be frank (no, wait I don't, I can be whoever I want to be Ha HA!) That list of movies is pretty, well, bad. I mean, are you basing this list on whether:

1. The film was a good FILM (ie story, writing, acting, timelessness, moral insight, political message etc etc)
    OR
    2. The film was a good MOVIE (ie impressive special effects, entertaining, car chases, explosions, sex, Halle Berry etc etc)

I mean, Blade 2 was fun to watch but it was not a good FILM

Lord of the Rings was a good Fantasy Movie, but I think that a lot of the book was lost in the transition from book to film.

Why isn't the Matrix there, it was both a good MOVIE and a good FILM: it had a good story to it, the special effectrs were cool and the fighting in it was spectacular.

My list of good movies would include:
    Star Wars (any of them)
    The Matrix
    Aliens (They're coming out of the goddamn walls!!!!)
    Blade (1 not 2)
    Batman ( 1, 2, or 3 but not 4, obviously)
    The Hunt for Red October
    Starship Troopers ( FULL FRONTAL NUUUUUUDITYYYYYYY!!!!!)
    Gladiator
    A Knight's Tale ( Shannyn Sossoman PHWOARRR!)

My list of good Films would Include:
    Star Wars ( let's face it, Star Wars is Timeless, you put the space Battle in Episode 4 against ANYTHING from a science fiction movie since, and Star Wars has not aged half as badly as any of them, hell it hasn't aged at all.)

The Matrix (see reasons above)
    Alien ( 2 words: CHEST BURST)
    Gladiator
    The Hunt for Red October ( effing cool film)
    The Shawshank Redemption ( one of the few movies I ever felt the urge to cry, BUT I DID'NT!!!!!!)
    Psycho ( the second scariest film ever made, behind ALIEN)
    O Brother Wheee art Thou ( easily one of the funniest films I have ever seen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

I actually based this one a poll of my class in school. I was going to put Spaceballs where one of those lesser movies was, probably Spiderman or american Psycho but I wanted this to represant the slightly less informed "collective"

Advertisement