Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-Forum Breakfast with Mary Hanafin

Options
  • 17-10-2002 10:30pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted already. Saw this in the business section of the Indo today.

Digital Ireland and Ennis Information age services

present

An e-Forum Breakfast

'Information Society - The State of the Nation'

with eMinister Mary Hanafin, TD and Chris Horn, Chairman, Iona Technologies Plc. at the Guiness Storehouse, St. James Gate, Thursday 5th November 8-10.00am

They will be addressing the forum from the dual perspective of government and business in answering the needs of Irish Business and the Irish Citizen.

Tickets are €35 including breakfast.
    To book you place call Jane Stephenson on 01-2875524 or Cherrie Lowe on 086-3178142. E-Mail janejsa@indigo.ie

Online Booking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Tickets are €35 including breakfast

Thats a lot for rashers sausages and lots of WAFFLES. (No disrespect to Dr. Horn)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by De Rebel
    Thats a lot for rashers sausages and lots of WAFFLES. (No disrespect to Dr. Horn)

Have to agree with you there. Tickets are a bit steep just for a couple of hours of BS. At the end of it they will all agree that Ireland is falling behind in the Internet stakes but Mary will just toddle off to think of some more excuses not to do anything about €ircon and the state of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Anyone notice that all these meeting are BUSINESS ORIENTATED!
    and there are no meetings ever! to address the residential market!?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

well it does say

They will be addressing the forum from the dual perspective of government and business in answering the needs of Irish Business and the Irish Citizen.

Is anyone in here thinking of going to it? I would consider it if it wasn't on workday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sax0000

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Have to agree with you there. Tickets are a bit steep just for a couple of hours of BS. At the end of it they will all agree that Ireland is falling behind in the Internet stakes but Mary will just toddle off to think of some more excuses not to do anything about €ircon and the state of the nation.

Who's getting the ticket proceeds? Eircom? gov.ie? Why the charge at all? Surely this is yet another example of the rip off political con trick that Ireland has sadly become?

Sax0000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by sax0000
    Who's getting the ticket proceeds? Eircom? gov.ie? Why the charge at all? Surely this is yet another example of the rip off political con trick that Ireland has sadly become?

No, its an example of a company who charge to provide a service. Thats about the going rate for a business aimed breakfast meeting.

Sax, not everything is a conspiracy theory. Please dont use this forum to rant negatively about everything. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

he knows a bot more about the tech than some of the others ranters.

for punishment sax you must explain something really really complicated to an ignorant muppet in a thread in here. Then you will be forgiven. I have faith in u

M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Muck
    he knows a bot more about the tech than some of the others ranters.

Certainly more than I do (mind you, I rant only on special occasions)

I'd certainly feel hard done by, getting up early and paying €35 if the speeches were just the same old same old. I have more sense than money though.

True to say that all these events are business-orientated BC. Regular consumers don't have tendencies towards paying moolah for breakfast with junior ministers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by sceptre
    I'd certainly feel hard done by, getting up early and paying €35 if the speeches were just the same old same old.

Thats just it, you wouldnt be paying it. Normally companys send people along to these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

We know about the ennis crowd - but anyone know who is the co-host? Google reveals nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement