Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nirvana Video?

Options
  • 18-10-2002 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Just caught the tail end of what sounded like (and indeed looked like) a new Nirvana track on MTV. Can anyone comment on this? Am I delussional? Did Courtney fail in our bid to prevent additional material being released?!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

dunno if it was but i am checking rite now - i know ZANE from MTV was saying it will be on MTV2.com soon so i am checking it now.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

.......and yes indeed it was the new video that you saw

a visual collage of all the old moments of Nirvana but in particaular Kurt Cobain quite good quite poignant aswell as this will probably be the last new material ever released by them now I doubt there is anymore left to find and if Dave Grohl or Krist Novoselic have any hidden away there is no way they are going to release any after they battled to keep everything unreleased..........

anyway heres the link:

http://www.mtv.com/music/video/premiere/nirvana/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

if Dave Grohl or Krist Novoselic have any hidden away there is no way they are going to release any after they battled to keep everything unreleased.

dave and krist battled to release them...not the other way round.
    and the case was settled...so there will be further releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

indeed...

in an interview with dave grohl he said that there'll be a rarities album next year and a box set around xmas or sumat...

the rarities is gonna have stuff we never heard before...i wonder does this include mp3 stuff such as return of the rat and opinion etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 butterflywings

I haven't heard the new song as yet, but apparently the 'rarities' album has smells like teen spirit, come as u are, lithium, rape me etc on it, that there's only going to be 2/3 songs unreleased previously. Stiill worth buying, but kinda disappointing if ur hoping for an album of unreleased stuf and b-sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

no man, you've got it all wrong...the rarities thing isnt gonna have any hits at all!!!!!!!!

the greatest hits (simply titled nirvana) will be released in 3 weeks or so...has you know you're right on it and 13 other tracks that you'd expect...

THEN next year the rarities thing and after that a box set of some sort!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sneakier2

There's supposed to be at least an album worth of unheard stuff. Hole's guitarist had 30 odd demo tapes in his attic. I think most of it is the likes of "Our Song" and "Marijuana". All those tapes that did the rounds a few years ago. I cant say for sure though, but its wot I 'Erd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sneakier2

"His" name is Eric Erlandersson. Real funny though!

Advertisement