Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Of The Stone Age

Options
  • 18-10-2002 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

WOOHOO i got me a ticket for monday nights gig oh yeah baby it is gonna be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good i can't wait woohoo woohoo woohoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

rawk show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

very rawking show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

How much did you pay for the ticket?

face value - 27 euros methinks.............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I need a ticket STILL desperately..

pls help

acquiescefc@hotmail.com

or text 0857149186

• Advertisement

oh yeah only 11 hours to go woohoo

I hope I'm not over building it

but

this is going to be one of if not the gig of the year. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You didn't overbuild...it was the gig of the year. Beats the Strokes, and Jimmy Eat World.

They passed every one of my expectations, absolutely unreal. Defiantly the gig of the year so far and I can't see anyone topping it. One of the best gigs I have ever been at. I feel sorry for anyone who missed it.

Nicotine, Valium, Vicadin, Marijuana, Ecstasy, Alcohol

Co co co cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the snitch

in conways on parnell street before the gig. mark lanegan walks in. looks 7 ft tall. strides purposefully around the pub, taking in every nook and cranny. comes to stand beside us. hits me with a hard stare. turns and walks back out.

the ambassador, not the best venue. sound was murkier than the muddy banks of the liffey. was it the fault if the pissed up sound techs who raised bottles aloft over monitors with naked ladees pictured on screens? or is it that the ambassador, over a year open still wreaks of an mcd hap hazard, inept cash cow? the crowd were like something matt groenig would sketch. but coming from someone who likes an audience with a twist of lemmy, thats a compliment i guess. queens were spot on, and thats what mattered.

the stage was dark and dingy with three spotliights, sticking with the motif on the new album. the low lighting transformed queens into silhouette. trenchant in sound, keeping band to audience banter to minimum, pedal to the metal they careened through songs for the deaf, touching rated R, and hitting one or two from queens of the stonage. though this is head music, feet tapped, fists punched the air and heads thrashed. the pace slowed for dry ice glimpses at something altogether sinister. a darker figure with a doleful vocal. it is he who provides the balance to oliveri and hommes hedonisim. a match made........under the hanging tree? after reports in the music press that he spoils the party by out staying his welcome, last night lanegan, lingering in the shadows mesmirised and sent shivers up the spine.

this was one of those gigs where with the final note of each song, you rue its passing and realize with horror the inevitability of the final note at journeys end.

missed it? you missed out

• Advertisement

absolutely amazing - I arrived in at just after half seven and the first support band had already begun - after dawdling around for a while to find the best place to stand inorder to c and hear the music to the maximum satisfaction i settled for a place rite in front of the sound engineer perfect vision perfect sound. Millionaire came on and played like loons but the night was only really gonna belong to one badn and as they loped onto the stage and struck up the chords for Feel Good the place went absolutely crazy ............... they played all the classics noteperfect aswell and when they played no one knows i thought the roof was gonna come off - a nice little happy birthday song for the bassist and and hour and a half of fine fine music not bad for 27 giros methinks...............

the best gig ive ever been to ????? defninitely close to it....

Managed to get a ticket EVENTUALLY,and I am now speechless and suffering.

Very very very good,what else can i say. Dont thinkMrLanegan outstayed any welcome either.

Nice to see a "new" band in Ireland.

p.s. Sound in Ambassador IS sh1t....sort it out

Glad I could be of some service, even if I did look for a little bit more than face value...;)

How much were the touts looking for by the way?

Snitch...you ever consider a career in muso-journalism? Thats probably the best review I'll read of the show anywhere...

thanks but, i think its kinda cheesy........i do have fat jowls and a spot ridden face, a penchant for cough syrup and the next big bandwagoning white boy rock thing......problem is, i'm too old and hoary at this stage to cut the mustard on the 'i'm on the list' front. i'm also a musical mussolini so i rub feathers up all over the shop with no truck. but mostly, i'm just plain lazy.

yours in sounds

fester bongs

Originally posted by the snitch
    i'm also a musical mussolini so i rub feathers up all over the shop with no truck. but mostly, i'm just plain lazy.

Olaf Tyaransen got away with the same for years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i was wroking for queens of the stone age
    i well deserved to be there

don't mind the snith, i'm her dolfuss,
    i still don't know what our musical brenner pass is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

lazy
    thats my plan.

grasshopper

Cheers reckless r

Touts were tryin to sell pairs I think for 80 yoyo's. cos i only wanted one they were bit selective....hope they didnt sell em as they didnt look like anyone was buyin.

• Advertisement

Saw somebody on the Queens board who paid 70...poor ****er.

Setlist for anyone who cares:

Feel Good
    Quick
    You Would Know
    Millionaire
    Sky Is Fallin
    Gonna Leave
    Hangin Tree (with Mark Lanegan)
    Autopilot (with ML)
    Dead (with ML)
    Better Living
    No One Knows