Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Dublin: WYCLEF JEAN

Options
  • 18-10-2002 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

WYCLEF JEAN will be the act that will appear at the first of four Witnness gigs to take place over the Winter/Spring.

The Dublin date is November 17th at the Ambassador Theatre. Gig is by invite only to those who have over 18's ID.

The other gigs will take place in Cork, Galway and Belfast.

Any comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

ah crap here was me thinking it was gonna be someone good wyclef hasn't been that good since the fugees split............

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Witnness didn't do a good job of keeping it secret if that's what they were trying. The Ambassador have openly had him booked for that date for a few weeks plus it was listed on his tour schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Stoopid witnness makin us all think it would be someone actually worth seeing. I shake my fist in their general direction:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I'm registered on the Witnness site to win tickets.

PLEASE GOD,DON'T LET ME WIN!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

would like to go. Might take a football an have a kickabout inside.

Wyclef Jean...perleaaaaaaaaase

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I .....I thought we were friends......It was all going so well.....everything was great...for three WHOLE YEARS.....and then you do THIS to me....weren't you happy too?? Couldn't we have talked??? Was there any real need for...for THIS???

*Witnness + Wyclef Jean : the end of a good relationship*

Don't do anything silly...they aren't worth it!!!!

Do anything silly???

I'm supposed to be studying AND preparing some ass-covering for a business meeting Monday but this has distracted me. Being dumped by Witnness. I should have seen it coming, when they had Beverly Knight on after Turn........

But I was blind......and now the head of marketing is going to have me publicly shot .....(tickets on sale now.)

I thought Beverly Knight was cool......gave me time to sit back,enjoy the sun(?) and drink me bottle of vodka and eat me pringles!!!!!

Can we have this shooting thing on the day of the pub crawl???
    I think it would be a nice finishing touch to the day....what do you think?????

Ha.

So, the following people want me shot. In public.

Tom182/ Niall S / Marketing Manager / Business Accounts Manager.

Fine.

You Beverly Knight /Wyclef Jean liking people. Grrrr.

Is this fiasco taking place instead of the annual two day muckfest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I dont think its taking place instead I think its just to publisise witnness.
    I certinally wont be tring to get tickets I would rather put my nuts in a blender than lisin to that waster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

So, am I the only one who pissed themself with excitement over this?

I'll admit he's no Daniel O'Donnell, but c'mon people, think positive!!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Originally posted by Silverfish
    Ha.

So, the following people want me shot. In public.

Tom182/ Niall S / Marketing Manager / Business Accounts Manager.

Fine.

You Beverly Knight /Wyclef Jean liking people. Grrrr.

Is this fiasco taking place instead of the annual two day muckfest?

Silverfish dear, I never said that I wanted to see you get shot, maybe beaten to a bloody pulp but not shot.

hahahahahaha.

OK then yes I am still gonna do that charity gig, but the Music Centre has not got back onto me yet, so it looks like it will be another gig in Dorans which is crap from my point of view cause they don't put someone on the door for you so you have to do it yourself meaning that you go trough alot of effort to organize the gig and then you don't even get to see it.
    The other thing, is that for some reason some bands are not as eager to play Dorans as they are to play in the music centre.
    When I have a date set I will let you all know, some bands I would like to see play this gig would be Popstar, The Sundogs and Skyjack cause they all rawk, but the line up will be confirmed when I get a date, then I can approach all of these bands and see if they are available to play the show.

Cheers.

Niall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i like beverley knight, but i dont want to shoot u, silverfish

Advertisement