Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMAP Channels Arrive on NTL:GoDig

Options
  • 18-10-2002 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Well found out this morning today was the launch date for the 6 EMAP music channels. Well wonders behold at 2:55 they arrived on my system. Hope they where worth the wait!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Well, it they all appear to be rubbish....Play exactly the same stuff thats on MTV except for Kerrang and im not into that kinda stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Patrick are you in Dublin NTL-land? I've just checked here (in Waterford) and nothing, except half the channels are blank at the moment, maybe they're updating the system, not that the EMAP chanels are of much interest except Kerrang maybe.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Well found out this morning today was the launch date for the 6 EMAP music channels

About bloody time.
    Originally posted by mike65
    are you in Dublin NTL-land?

They are on the Dublin EPG of NTL Digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Arrived in wicklow last night, they are not exactly up to much. Its basically an extension of mtv hits with even more crap, then theres kerrang which just appears to play foo fighters:D all day but how many times can you watch the same track on repeat without switching over, which leaves me faithfully watching vh1 classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    which just appears to play foo fighters:D

i was only saying that last night about Dave Grohl. one channel had Foo Fighters - Learning To Fly, another had Queens Of The Stoneage - No One Knows, the new Foo Fighters video was on another channel while Dave Grohl was appearing as the devil on the Tenacious D - Tribute video. all on at the same time. FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The only music channel with a hint of originality is mtv2 and that is crap most of the time, far too much of that nu-metal rubbish now. It used to be great when you could select a full hour from the website. The emap channels are just cheap, take a look at the selection list on the text. There are about 70 tracks in total on each channel, why would anyone ring up? Each track must get played several times a day, some are on every hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

They're playing a lot of Foo Fighters at the moment coz they're having a Foo Fighters week. Normally their stuuf is really good. Especially after ten when KX! comes on. They play all the x-rated and banned videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nothing yet in Galway, but there's no surprise there!

Well ones now gone, the box located on 142 has got up and left which means less Craig David for us, what a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

BOX is still here in Dublin. Has anyone tried to order a video. I did last week, as soon as you key in your selection, you get immediate confirmation on screen but the video didn't play! Now I did this at 3am on Q, so there couldn't have been a big backlog of requests :(

• Advertisement

the box is back so maybe i was wrong

Advertisement