Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs

Options
  • 18-10-2002 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi folks!
    I am new in Dublin and tiered of the all the nightclubs playing music from the charts all the night. I am looking to nightclub in Dublin where I can listen to some Rock/ Hadcore/ Alternative- Music. Please help me by posting the name of the club, the best days to go there an -if you know- adress and admission.
    Thanx very much
    Rockstar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

whelans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Screamadelica - Temple Bar Music Centre - Thursdays - 11pm - 6.50 or something

Whelans (Wexford St.) have late clubs from Wed - Sun
    Admission is 10 Euro I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Gigsmarts thingy on a friday seems pretty cool too it's in voodoo.

Still I think Phantasam is the best of the bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

phantasm tis a thursday night also...6.50 in...

i thought the voodoo lounge was pretty good...some good live bands and then a good dj into the early hours...

helter shelter...the last saturday of every month or the first...the drowner will confirm for me...in the shelter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Methinks the Shelter is being axed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Pravda, by the Ha'penny bridge, is a nice spot with
    cheap beer(in comparison to its neighbours) and
    most excellent music e.g cure, stone roses, smiths, gnr, mundy, chillis....similar sounds to whelans but with more of a balance
    between sexes but with no floor space to express yourself
    if "i am the resurection" comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

there was a club on in isaac butts last night... friday i think it was free in, and it seemed pretty good but i only stayed a bit cos i was headin up to voodoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

panic in the isaac butt...heard about it on phantom...think its sunday though i'm not sure...they are bringing back the days of the grove apparently, the grove being a rock club from a feww years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Rockstar I run Papa Lazarou's in Voodoo (described as Gigsmarts thing earlier!) each Friday. Bands and a DJ (To the early hours!) for €5 (if you say "I love Gigsmart", €6 otherwise) before ten O'Clock and an easy spot to get a cab from. (Got one within 46 seconds at 5am this morning!)

Here's a map to find us!

Voodoo_map.jpg

Its been a great buzz and a good crowd each week thus far with none of the prentiousness of other clubs.

Papa Laz is only for those that want to party and not for those who pose around the place discussing the The Seahorses's Armenian releases!

NEXT FRIDAY -
    Dollar Short (Babelicious RocknSka)
    Pinion (Pop Punktastic Band Wars Winners!)
    Montana (Hendrix, The white stripes and Miles Davis meet up for a jam)
    Crimson
    Ending with:

Papa Lazarou's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Seb

Try to pick up a copy of The Slate at the beginning of the month. It's free and is left in certain shops like Tower Records on Wicklow street. It's a bit studenty but has far and away the best gig guide in Dublin, The Event Guide is also free but has really gone downhill of late while Hot Press isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah theres no nightclubs in the shleter anymore
    *cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Hey drowner,

What's this about no more night clubs in the Shelter??? Are the lads relocating HS? (and obviously re-naming it)???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah, well vicar st has been completely changed, and at the moment, when gigs are on, because the capacity has increased to fit 1600 at standing gigs, the front bar just isnt big enough to hold all the people before and after the gig, so the shelter has to be used as well now. thats what ive been told, i only ofund out about it last thursday

i dont know what the story is with helter shelter, ill ask on the xfm board, coz i know bren from xfm djs there i think, and the guys who run it check it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

That totally sucks about Helter Shelter, maybe they can relocate to Voodoo on a Saturday!

You might want to check out Thomas Reids down in the basement for beers on a Fri/Sat...Great tunes, friendly DJ plays most requests, free in... small dancefloor. Good place to stay till like 11/12 before you head off somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

helter shelter is being relocated to temple bar music centre as far as i know...

Advertisement