Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Signals

• 19-10-2002 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

what should a man be looking for to know that a female is interested. apparently i have missed a few opportunities over the last month and i need to know what to look out for. some women must think i'm a mind reader or something. it's so much easier when they pull me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

brian1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If she's laughing and all around are crying in despair - you're in.
    If she's sitting listening and your mates are fast asleep - you're in.
    If she's walking with you and pedestrians cross the road from you - you're in.
    If you're looking at her eyes instead of her gorgeous... top - you may be in.
    If she smiles when you look at her - it could mean anything to be honest.

Who knows, if all men understood that there would be a lot less heartache in the world (vice versa too of course). Some men don't even give two hoots if the girl is interested and will plough on regardless of 'boyfriends', 'sexual diseases' and 'actually, I'm a man' even.

[PHP]If you are at a party and spy the most beautiful woman you
    have ever seen in your life and want to go up to her but feel
    rooted to your position because she is waaaay out of your league.
    Then just remember that every man in the whole place
    may be thinking the exact same thing, so goto her and take a
    chance. end code.[/PHP]

At the end of the day she could be: shy, unsure if you like her, scared of men, scared of confrontation, scared of pencils, just out of a relationship but thinking about it and... not sure if it is the right time... yet, or even just not bothered either way if it happens or not. If you really like someone then pursue, if you will go for it because she likes you then it may not be good to happen, maybe you should find someone that really grinds your axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'll keep an eye out for the signals tonight. women really are complicated creatures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Wouldn't spot a "signal" if it came up and bit me on the nose*

*actually, yeah, I'd spot it - being bitten on the nose is probably quite sore. Wouldn't recognise it as a signal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Moss, you hit the mark or end up swimming in your own mess..moss?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gordo is correct, I would just add that, if you are speaking to her and she is concentrating on what you are saying instead of letting her eyes wander around he room, then you're in...

women really are complicated creatures

we are not complicated mossy, it's just men are a bit thick! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Men may well be a bit thick but that does not detract from the complexity of women. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

women arent complicated.

just think about what you do if someone you fancy (youre a male, if it has tits, you fancy it) talks to you and you are showing interest.

you laugh, you listen, you concentrate, you add to the conversation, you smile, and then you can go into the whole body language thing about touching hair and scratching nose and ears, and sitting crossed legged towards you or being relaxed or whatever.
    just look at someone and think if you were making that gesture, or pose, what would it mean for you.

on the other hand, you can over do it. i often sit back with hands over back of head and legs out becuase i find it comfortable. someone who does body language stuff will tell you its a pose of arrogance and superiority. of which im neither by the way :)

except for the superiority bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

ah eamo you are pretty arogant in fairness. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    its a pose of arrogance and superiority. of which im neither by the way :)

ROFL!!!*

*sarcastic laughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

what does ROFL stand for....i know most of the abbreviations but ive yet to crack this one...

rolls on the floor laughing

no seriously :)
    im lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i got plastered on Saturday so i was wasting my time but i had some fun today to see what reactions i would get to stupid talk. amazingly 3 girls were laughing at the most stupid things while at the same time taking a very keen interest in what was essentially a load of bollocks

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i got plastered on Saturday so i was wasting my time but i had some fun today to see what reactions i would get to stupid talk. amazingly 3 girls were laughing at the most stupid things while at the same time taking a very keen interest in what was essentially a load of bollocks

yes, and they were obviously as plastered as yourself.
    dont get carried away.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by SheroN
    ah eamo you are pretty arogant in fairness. :D

Ah, sure it's all a show for the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The simplist way to explain signals is : if a girl likes you, she'll want you to like her. This means she'll smile, laugh at your crappy jokes and generally behave like a big flirt in the eyes of every woman in the room, while all the men are totally oblivious.

Probably the easiest way to spot this, is to see if she's facing you. Generally, when two strangers start a conversation, they'll actually be facing to the side and away from each other. They'll turn towards each other as they build a rapport, and if it's going really well start to touch each other (on the arm you pervs! :) ). So if a girl is directly facing you as you speak, and emphasises her comments by lightly touching your arm, you've built a good rapport.

So I've heard - I'm all arses and elbows when it comes to women :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I cant believe Blitzkrieger stole my avatar- anyway to get on with it.

There are a whole bunch of physical gestures that males and females go through on introduction to eachother. Science- woman will actually be flirtier in the first ten minutes of conversation than men. Reason- insecurity, desire to be accepted, attention seeking etc. Men on the other hand fluster for the first ten minutes. Reason- insecurity, fear of rejection etc. Same reasons for behavioural quirks, but very different ways of showing them outwardly.

Heres the complicated bit- balance of retaining each others interest. Best bet is, if she plays with her hair, touches her skin a lot (even better if it's yours she's touching) shifts her weight from foot to foot- all this while retaining interest in what you have to say and eye contact, liklihood is that she likes you. Continuous eye contact is another, but not to be assumed. I have a habit of looking people dead in the eye when I talk to them but it doesnt mean I want to whip off their undies.

Another dead give away is, at the sight of you her eyes widen slightly and her lips part a smidge. Peoples eyes generally dont widen at the sight of something they dont like, they narrow. In fact, if the above happens, bypass conversation and indicate that she should get her coat.

It's all about watching- Cosmo is an invaluable source of information about women to men as well. Next time you visit a female mates house and she has one, nonchalantly pick it up and have a read. Oh yeah, people should stop sending texts too. Texts say **** all about a person whereas a face to face conversation and some people watching will tell you millions more about anyone- male, female you name it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Kell
    Best bet is, if she plays with her hair, touches her skin a lot (even better if it's yours she's touching) shifts her weight from foot to foot- all this while retaining interest in what you have to say and eye contact, liklihood is that she likes you. Continuous eye contact is another, but not to be assumed.

This is good. Logic I like. If evaluation of given variables is possible in amourous situations, then a simple criteria match can be applied to given situation (x) and logical receptiveness deduced and acted upon, given a meeting of (n) criteria on a logical scale of attraction.

This is good, I will make a small handheld device that allows for the inputting of variables regarding women's behavour, so that computer nerds with no people skills need not be left at the mercy of their personalities in social situations, no, instead embedded logic in a small hand held device can make important amourous decisions for the nerd in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Women are far from complicated.
    IT just takes some experience to get the feel
    of whether someone likes you or not.

There are loads of ways to test how a woman feels about you. like how she responds to a gentle touch, or if she laughs at a bad joke ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Kell
    I cant believe Blitzkrieger stole my avatar

I had it first ya theiving swine! ;) I picked this one when they were first introduced so :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    on the other hand, you can over do it. i often sit back with hands over back of head and legs out becuase i find it comfortable. someone who does body language stuff will tell you its a pose of arrogance and superiority.

Doesn't look arrogant when someone kicks you in your ankles because you've got your legs out in the way of everyone and you end up doubled up over them cursing like a dustbinman*

*No offence intended to dustbinmen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by Typedef
    This is good, I will make a small handheld device that allows for the inputting of variables regarding women's behavour, so that computer nerds with no people skills need not be left at the mercy of their personalities in social situations, no, instead embedded logic in a small hand held device can make important amourous decisions for the nerd in question.

You Unix types are all the same- try this algorithm for size:

Insiduous fascination with kernels & computers= never stand a chance of a female chatting you up

Mind you if you come up with the hand held I am sure there would be a massive market for it, catapulting you from computer nerd status to sexual dynamo status.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Dunno about that.

There is always the question. Why did Bill Gates name his company after his lad?

Originally posted by Typedef
    Dunno about that.

There is always the question. Why did Bill Gates name his company after his lad?

i didnt know bill gates had a son

Advertisement