Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cd player for car

Options
  • 19-10-2002 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

just wondering WHAT and WHERE [in cork, or online] would be best to get as a car CD Player, with tuner if possible...

give an idea of price tag also please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pendulum

Would be better to know your budget first, as there r loadsa CD players out there.

You want one that plays mp3s, has rca outputs, etc ?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

limited budget

pressie for somone getting a 2nd hand car. [polo]

just a decent best value for money player. cd goes in, music comes out. with radio option

its that simple :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The cheapo cheapo option is the good old car kit where you get a standard discman, give it power from the cig lighter, and output to the stereo using a hybrid tape/speaker thingy. I'm sure you've seen them. They're only about 20 quid, but the big problem is trying to figure out where to stick the discman, and the sound suffers slightly........

not quite that cheap seamus :D

something that loads in thru the dash [replacing the tape drive] and interfaces the sound thru the existing seakers...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Look in the ARGOS catalogue!
    They have loads of head units ranging from €100 to €600 !
    Some decent makes of units too but remember.........You get what you pay for!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It depends on just how cheap you want to be. The real cheap way is to buy online (dunno where - links from manufacturers website?) and fit it yourself - it's not rocket sceince but disconnect the battery before starting.

There's a gaff on the quay next to the parking fines office that will fit them for you, but I've never been in and have heard nothing about it.

I'd go for the lasy option and buy one from the Argos catalogue. Most of them have fitting (they'll come to you) factored into the price.

thank to all

ill prob browse argos first,.,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    limited budget

pressie for somone getting a 2nd hand car. [polo]

just a decent best value for money player. cd goes in, music comes out. with radio option

its that simple :D

I just bought a 2nd hand Polo... how did you know!

Ahhhh Gone Shootin' you shouldn't have!

but seriously... let us know what you go for and how easy it is to replace the existing stereo in the Polo with it. I'm thinking of getting a CD player for my own...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

If you want to drop down to Galway to have it done try http://www.incartechnology.com/ (the site is crap I know but his work is good)

He is very very good and has something to everyone's taste/budget from plain old head units to full DVD systems. If you arrange it with him he will take the care and have it back at a given time.

He did my ibiza for me and I am a very happy camper. I got a
    Panasonic 8 x CD changer
    2 x Sony Xplode 6" x 9" on the back shelf
    Sony Xplode compents for the front (which fit in perfectly and you dont even know they have been upgraded till you here them.)

I would recommend you get someone to fit the head unit for you as there is nothing worse than your radio not sitting right in the dash i.e. half hanging out and easy to steal.

kayos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Bard

but seriously... let us know what you go for and how easy it is to replace the existing stereo in the Polo with it. I'm thinking of getting a CD player for my own...

All in dash units have been a standard size for something like 30 years now, so there should be no problem replacing that portion. Fitting a autochanger in the boot/glovebox depends on how much experience the person has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Topcat.

corporation car parks are usually the best place to get a good cd player, but make sure its the one you want as bringing it back is never an option, also ensure the car is out of sight of the cc tv:)

Advertisement