Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Tribune - "Does any one really want broadband?"

Options
  • 19-10-2002 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Great article in the Sunday Tribune covering this question. IOFFL managed to get a few points across too. Don't have access to link. Sunday Tribune page 11 business section by Matthw McGee.

Beg borrow, steal or better still buy a copy! For Mr. McGee's persistent coverage its the least we can do! You'll also get CEO of Eircom Philip Nolan's perspective on the whole Irish telecoms market thrown in for the price. An interesting read :rolleyes: !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good to se my favouite Sunday rag is showing an interest, btw they don't have a web site amazingly.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

(without having read the article)

I can see my letter to the editor this week
    Sir

Re your article "Does anyone really want broadband?"

I do

Yours etc

Seamus Ryan

Sometimes they just make it too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

hehe, this could be another one of those eircom tribunal auto mail thingy's we could bombard the tribune with 'i do' letters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear, oh dear... :(

The title was'nt ironic, the article really does buy the line that hardly anyone wants broadband, sure David Long gets a few points in but the editorial part of the piece takes the eircom line. It notes that 14% of respondants to a survey carried out by the MRBI for Etaine Doyles office expressed strong interest and that 32% were somewhat interested in BB. Which sounds to me like a market waiting to happen. The article mentions in passing I-Stream costs €108 a month but does'nt query that price.:rolleyes:

A missed oppotunity.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

string em up with cat5.
    Anyone have a link to this story as I havn't bothered getting dressed yet to go to the shop and buy it.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

The title was'nt ironic, the article really does buy the line that hardly anyone wants broadband

Its an Irish tradition; if you dont like something, stick head up yer arse, ignore it and it will go away!

I think they're luddites who can't assimilate new technology and probably feel threatened by it (its significant that the Tribune has no website)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

as a matter of interest.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Muck
    as a matter of interest.

You get one guess.

(hint: it is the person you think/fear it is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Tony O'Reilly

No wonder they never mentioned any competing broadband products..

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Time to write to the tribune methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

"Does any one really want broadband?"

Yes!

OHP

Advertisement