Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Nice Results In - Looks Like A Yes

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Originally posted by Mr White
    Thanks to the YES vote there is nothing to keep these 'bought and paid for' politicians in check.
    What about the Constitution?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

And yes,I'd like Ireland to remain white. What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with that statement is the ignorant racist/xenophobic nature of it.

Obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mr White

What's wrong with that statement is the ignorant racist/xenophobic nature of it.
    So what's the plan..a black Ireland?

my aren't you making a good start on the boards?

There doesn't have to be a "plan".

But if there were one, it would be an Ireland that's open to cultural and racial diversity and not displaying outmoded racists traits - unlike yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

No, the plan is an Ireland which doesnt pay attention to such pathetically stupid conceits such as skin colour.

The other, shorter-term, more boards.ie plan is that you will stop trolling and/or stop posting racist, inflammatory stuff here.

There are three choices :

1) Defend your statement, as requested, to show it is not racist.
    2) Stop posting this antagonistic, racist crap.
    3) be stopped from posting this antagonistic, racist crap.

Feel free to choose any one of the three.

jc

• Advertisement

OK,Bard,you've a lot of posts.harty-har-har.Is there no room for diverse opinions on this board?

I want a homogenous white Ireland because the alternative is a disaster,wherever it's been tried.Also,there is the small matter of consent:we weren't asked whether we wanted to become a multiracial experiment,just as Minister Cowen didn't ask if we wanted to become a slavic society in 2004.

What is it about 'white' that's racist,anyway?I think lemmings like you are oblivious to the double standards in your own thinking.Black pride is admirable but white pride is damnable.You have the censorous instincts of the P/C cult,granted,but can you argue the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I want a homogenous white Ireland because the alternative is a disaster
    How exactly would the alternative be a disaster? I believe that the supposed 'disaster' of a mulitcultural society would come from the racist supremacists who object to anything that strays beyond their narrow minded view of a homogenous white society. You still haven't given a non-racist reason to back this up, and I am running short on patience.
    Black pride is admirable but white pride is damnable
    Actually I think that black pride, if it contains the belief that being black makes one 'superior' or better in some way to white people, other than being able to resist sunburn is just as condemnable as white pride where the same conditions apply.
    You have the censorous instincts of the P/C cult,granted
    We don't like racists. I don't like racists. Again, we are looking for evidence that your posts are not racist. You are running thin on excuses.

I want a homogenous white Ireland because the alternative is a disaster,wherever it's been tried.

Well, I live in a nation where 1 in 7 people are foreigners. Up to 1 in 3 are of foreign birth, or are first-generation naturals.

As well as 4 major indigenous cultures, we have large influxes from 4 surrounding nations, a fair chunk of Americans and British, as well as a healthy dose of Serbs, Croats, Albanians, and Tamils. I've also noticed a significant portion of far-asian descent. And these are only the significant minorities. There are countless other nationalities, races and creeds represented.

We have one of the highest standards of living in the world, coupled with one of the lowest crime rates, particularly when it comes to violent crime. So-called racial crimes are all but non-existant.

I would dearly love to know how this is a disaster.

jc

p.s. If you havent figured it out yet, I'm talking about Switzerland.

p.p.s. Before you try....don't make any more sarcy comments like those you levelled at Bard. Especially not at a moderator. Maybe you should read our forum guidelines and decide whether or not you want to stick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by daveirl

much more fun to destroy his points :)

I was going to... but yourself, swiss and bonkey did such a good job of it I decided I needn't bother ;)

• Advertisement

Does anyone post on this board besides moderators?It's convenient for you that you can spew your own cultist opinions and then threaten to delete opposing views.

Swiss wrote:
    Would you prefer to have an Ireland just like your namesake Mr. White. This isn't the thread to discuss the political effects of immigration. Either start up one either here or in humanities if you want to discuss that.

I for one welcome legitimate asylum seekers into the country.
    That's mighty white of you Swiss,especially since you don't live here.I seem to recall an anti-immigration party doing well in Switzerland recently.(Swiss People's Party?)After a while the 'alien nation' experience looses its novelty for even the most determined ethnic relativists,eg,Holland,France,Britain.

You probably don't know this but immigration WAS an issue in the Nice referendum.The fact that 11 of the 15 current member states are to have a 7 year waiting period before East Europeans can move to their countries means that the remaining 4-Ireland,Denmark, Holland and Sweden-will attract a disproportionate number of immigrants.If Germany is concerned about their labour market being destabilized,what chance does Ireland have?

I'd prefer some controls on this,but wasn't asked my opinion.If a multicultural system emerges in Ireland it should at least have a democratic mandate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

I'd prefer some controls on this,but wasn't asked my opinion.If a multicultural system emerges in Ireland it should at least have a democratic mandate.
    Since not one single TD elected in the recent general election appear to share your opinions about immigration, I'd say that it's you who lacks the democratic mandate.

Since not one single TD elected in the recent general election appear to share your opinions about immigration, I'd say that it's you who lacks the democratic mandate.
    They weren't able to express their opinions because of the self-censorship,I mean anti-racism,pledge before the election.You don't know what they think about the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

They weren't able to express their opinions because of the self-censorship,I mean anti-racism,pledge before the election.You don't know what they think about the issue.
    There were many independent candidates who didn't sign the pledge. One of them was Aine Ni Chonaill, who shares some of your opinions about immigration. I refer you to http://www.ireland.com/focus/election_2002/results/result_dublinsouthcentral.htm:
    Aine Ni Chonaill Independent Eliminated 926
    2.1% of the vote. That's not much of a mandate...

seriously... don't feed the troll.

Does anyone post on this board besides moderators?It's convenient for you that you can spew your own cultist opinions and then threaten to delete opposing views.

There are three mods of this forum. All the others are mods of other fora and have no influence here.

As for the three of us, we enforce the guidelines of acceptable behaviour here. If you had read them, you would know the rules, and what you can and cannot say safely here. It is not about "opposing views". It is about views which we are not willing to entertain here, or about views which are put forward using language we deem unacceptable.

This is not a public boards system. We never claimed not to have our own rules. If you dont like them, then cope, or sod off somewhere else.

That's mighty white of you Swiss,especially since you don't live here.I seem to recall an anti-immigration party doing well in Switzerland recently.(Swiss People's Party?)

Err, I'm the one living in Switzerland. Not Swiss. Also, despite there being a somewhat popular anti-immigration movement here, it would apply to an Irish person like myself as equally as anyone else who sought naturalisation. It is not a racist movement.

If you were to argue that you wanted to keep Ireland "Irish", then you might be somewhat more in line with an anti-immigration movement.

However, you still havent managed to explain how keeping Ireland "white" is anything but a racially motivated opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by Mr White:

That's mighty white of you Swiss,especially since you don't live here
    Oh dear. FYI, I'm Irish and live in Ireland. The nick "swiss" is exactly that - a nick. It's a bit of a long story (actually it's not, but I couldn't be bothered telling it right now).

As I recall, bonkey asked you not to level sarcy comments at other boards members, especially not moderators. Heres another one
    You probably don't know this but immigration WAS an issue in the Nice referendum
    Of course you're right :rolleyes:. I know you're new here, so you probably won't have seen the pics that were linked several times by one of our other boards members, and was even in a 'sticky' thread that was setup specifically for Nice and the issues. I on the other hand have. However, the dangers of 'multiculturalism' as you put it, is important enough to merit it's own thread, and was also an abberation from the thrust of this thread. A thread that fully explores all the issues pertaining to Nice would quickly become overburdened.

Now, this thread is getting off topic, and is also descending into the realm of personal insults. Bard is right.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement