Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodfellas Pizzas-changed for worse?

Options
  • 19-10-2002 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are they using a dfferent sauce in the newly packaged ham and pineapple pizzas?If they are it doesnt taste as good as the old one-anyone think that if i emailed them they would listen and change back?Ayone have an email address,website,postal address?Its just that i eat one of them pizzas every day and ill be fairly pissed off if they have suddenly started using sh1te sauce.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Goodfellas
    Green Isle Foods,
    Monread Road,
    Naas,
    Co. Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

so i`m not bad! i said that at home , and me mother thought i were goin nutz that it was the exact same pizza , well it tastes different and not in a nice way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Goodfellas pizza isn't exactly top of the range anyway. The pizzas they make up in Dunnes or Superquinn are much nicer.

--

... and you eat one every day?

Gawds... get some variety in yer diet, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

ahhhhhhhh im not alone. thank you ppl im not alone but this aint restricted to just pizza's a while ago mars changed there taste aswell anyone else notice they arent as nice as they ones ya used to get in your local when you were 15?
    it was actually on the g ryan show and mars did actually slighty change the taste so ppl we are not going insane :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I sent them an email-no reply:mad:
    Adress is customer.relations@green-isle.ie

Bombard them!Heres what i sent them
    Dear Sir/Ms
    For years I have been eating your pizzas virtually every day of the year and have been highly pleased with the taste of them. Therefore I was disappointed when a few days ago an inferior product had replaced your quality range of pizzas. The pizza I buy most regularly is the ham and pineapple. Imagine how shocked I was to see that it had a poorer tasting base and a revolting, sugary sweet sauce. Can I ask why you felt the need to turn a brilliant tasting line of pizzas into a cheap piece of foul tasting rubbish? Where is my beloved sauce gone? Who had the bright idea to replace it with the awful rubbish now coating the pizza? Please do not inform me that” consumer tests have shown the new ingredients are more popular”. That is rubbish- like myself a sizeable amount of my friends eat your pizza daily and they also share my beliefs that this is an attempt to cut costs by using cheaper ingredients. I warn you that if you keep this policy up business will suffer. For a start you will be selling 200 odd less pizzas per year to myself as I refuse to buy this garbage any longer. I can assure you that I will not eat another Goodfellas pizza until the delicious pizzas I was buying last week make a return to the supermarket freezer.
    Yours
    Shane

Ive been thinking of setting up one of them online petitions-personally I always thought they were just a nerds pastime but I can now see the advantage:) And if they refuse to acknowledge your email send an abusive letter,accompanied by some form of himan or animal excrement to
    Green Isle Foods Ltd
    Monread Road
    Naas
    Kildare

And if that doesnt work go down there and bate da fukhin bollix of dem.

BTW if my campaign dont work can anybody recommend other good frozen pizzas?

• Advertisement

I got a reply and they say it is a cock up in production that caused the bad taste.I bought the last tonne of old goodfellas a week or 2 ago from the supermarket so as soon as I try out the new ones I will let yall know.Heres the reply

Shane,

Thank you for your mail. I am sorry to hear that you have been diappointed
    with our GF Ham & Pineapple Pizza. As you are aware we have changed the
    packaging of our products, but the recipes are still the same. The only
    suggestion I can make is that you got a Ham & Pineapple piza with the wrong
    sauce on it. We would have several different production runs within a day.
    We make the saue inhouse & it is pumped from our Sauce Room to the
    production line via the sauce lines. There sauce may have been pumped into
    the wrong line and therefore end up on the wrong product. I am unable to
    trace this without Quality Codes & Production Dates.

I hope this explanation goes in someway to explain what may have happened. I
    would much apprecate if you could forward me your full name address & I'll
    forward you some vouvhers.

Regards

Maureen

I might have cavan blood in me but ill pass on the vouchers:D Cant be arsed seeing as the shops would probably refuse to accept them.
    Anyway,Ill buy one and see how things go.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My brother in law is the Marketing/Commercial manager out there. I'll ask him (we were talking about the new packaging only last week).

They have very strict controls for the food production so they take this kind of thing quite seriously...

Personally i'd have been more worried about the PINEAPPLE. Its a pizza man, not a dessert :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

We make the sauce inhouse & it is pumped from our Sauce Room to the
    production line via the sauce lines

So thats how they do it, it really is remarkable :D

Oh and there stone baked pizza`s are muck.

I like tesco`s own brand clear wrapping square pizza`s :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭Gerry

I used to hate goodfellas, but now they aren't too bad. I think they have improved greatly.. still nothing like a proper pizza in a proper Italian restaurant.
    The best goodfellas is the ham and mushroom ciabatta base.. nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Noticed the same, consume many many of these pizzas, thought it was just me.

Updates to this important matter would be appreciated!!

Reluctant as i am to become an ex-goodfellas pizza eater....does anyone else have any frozen alternatives to recommend?

Personally think the marks and sparks chilly chicken is mana from heaven ...nyom (/me licks lips and droooollllss)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They havent changed the pizza at all according to the brother-in-law. Just the packaging...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

The mention of the 'sauce lines' and the 'sauce room' make processed pizzas sound even less appetizing than they are already.

Odd how just changing the packaging makes people think the product is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Turnip
    The mention of the 'sauce lines' and the 'sauce room' make processed pizzas sound even less appetizing than they are already.

That's the first thing that came to mind when I read it.
    Anyway, I've given up eating frozen pizzas, they arent nice. I used to like those small pizzas that you got in Tesco and about nine of them came in a pack. They were nice and you could grill them too.
    Anyway, no more frozen pizza for me, or McDonalds or Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Odd how just changing the packaging makes people think the product is different.

Who said this? Gopher said that the sauce was different and that was it. Where did you get this idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Its just that i eat one of them pizzas every day

could be a case of too much of a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

erm, like others said eating pizzas every day for a year cant be good for you.
    also did you ever think that you've gotten bored with the taste?

i just had one of their new spicy chicken ones and i thought it was well tasty!
    i'd nearly have another one now!

i had the pepperoni one there last week and i noticed the change in the packaging but i didnt notice any change in the taste....
    but then i dont eat them as often as every day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Here's a tip for you pizza freaks.

Just add your own toppings. Sausages, rashers, chicken, gammon steak, corn flakes, Liga. You name it.

Personally, I can't stand pizzas any more but if there was nothing left on the shelf, that's what I'd be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

What? You think they have a guy there manually spreading sauce on the bases? How did you imagine it might be done?:confused: :rolleyes:

Well,its been a few months since I was told that at worst it was a minor cockup with the manufacturing and yet they still taste like sh1te(last ate one about 3-4 weeks ago).
    I was lucky enough to get my hands on an old recipe pizza,making me possibly the last person in Ireland to ever eat a decent Goodfellas pizza.I can tell you for a fact that from reading the back of an old and new box some of the ingredients are different.Therefore it aint my imagination.

In my email I lied when I told of my friends disatisfaction-unlike me they have a more varied diet and so werent going through a pizza every 2 days:o ;) Never actually mentioned this to anyone outside the world of Intraweb-god that makes me look sad:D

Anyway with so many months gone by is it possible that we will ever see the better tasting old style pizzas again?Im currently living on a mix of Dunnes Stores pizzas and Gino Ginelli miniature ones.The Dunnes ones are OK but you wouldnt feel like eating them night after night like the old Goodfellas.And besides that the next morning I make Terrence and Phillip seem clean in terms of the farting it produces:cool: :(

So have you bought any since they changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I used to only tolerate goodfellas pizzas until recently. Being a fussy bastard I only ever go with the plain cheese and tomato variety. Since the stone baked pizzas have come out I've been eating them quite alot, although to be honest I dress them up with a clove of garlic, some extra sauce and cheese and Provence herbs. Still nice to actually be able to buy a pizza reletively cheaply and be able to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

They taste exactly the same to me as they always did. What's changed? I prefer Tesco pizzas anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Its just that i eat one of them pizzas every day and ill be fairly pissed off if they have suddenly started using sh1te sauce.:mad:

My god! You eat a goodfellas pizza every DAY?? Are you aware how utterly awful that is for your health, those things have 1200 calories in them and stacks of fat. Your arteries must be in some state. Even worse is you're eating ham and pineapple...pineapple isn't meant to be on pizza's it's just not right! :(

I always thought the regular goodfellas pizza's were dirt, but the ciabatta...mmm. Pepperoni one is gorgeous. I eat about 2 a week. The sauce on THOSE isn't to everyone's taste because it's slightly sweet. Maybe your taste buds have become dulled to the taste of that pizza...it does happen...I go through phases of being addicted to certain foods, most recently eating rafts of dolmio stir in sauce on pasta and I couldn't face another drop of the stuff at this stage.

Also, is it just me or does pizza taste much better when cooked in a gas oven? *ponders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

I know this is an old thread, but they did it again.

The goodfellas friday fever was my favorite pizza but they changed them.
    Ingredients on the back of the box changed, seems they are doing it to reduce calories or something but its horrible.

Started in 2009 and all of the old recipe pizzas are gone in all the shops i checked.

I still look in the freezer at tesco every week and found and odd one or two sometimes but none in the last month :(

I wrote an email to the address on back of the box, got a reply that she was passing it on or something but never heard anything more.

Sucks when big companies change stuff for the worse, probably trying to cut costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

It amazes me that somebody who eats a Goodfella's pizza every single day would complain about the quality of food.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Makaveli wrote: »
    Anyway, I've given up eating frozen pizzas, they arent nice. I used to like those small pizzas that you got in Tesco and about nine of them came in a pack. They were nice and you could grill them too.

Yeah, I remember those. I used to slice up some onions, stick that on top and grill one for lunch along with a couple of potato waffles back in the day. Ah the memories. Only today I still see that you can get those little pizza's. I may buy some soon to relive my child hood.

Oops, I just noticed that this was a real old thread. If I had realised I wouldn't have bothered to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Wow so people still eat Goodfellas pizza??!!

I thought everyone had moved onto Chicago Town Takeaway Pizza by now - proper tasty pizza!

Also OP try and MAKE your own pizza - nothing like it! Maybe then i could excuse you for eating a pizza every day!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭shift

dlambirl wrote: »
    Wow so people still eat Goodfellas pizza??!!

I thought everyone had moved onto Chicago Town Takeaway Pizza by now - proper tasty pizza!

Also OP try and MAKE your own pizza - nothing like it! Maybe then i could excuse you for eating a pizza every day!!! :P

My thoughts exactly!

Once you go Chicago town you never go back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I Love Chicago town pizzas! Went to get one in my local supervalu recently...4.99 :eek: I didn't buy it! :( Why are they soo expensive?
    The goodfellas ones seem to be tasteless these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The pizza with the nicest sauce is the 75 cent one from tesco.
    Throw on a few of your own toppings and a bit of extra cheese and you're laughing.

Advertisement