Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodfellas Pizzas-changed for worse?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Gonna give that a go..thanks Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Terry wrote: »
    The pizza with the nicest sauce is the 75 cent one from tesco.
    Throw on a few of your own toppings and a bit of extra cheese and you're laughing.
    bronte wrote: »
    Gonna give that a go..thanks Terry.

Do give it a go.

We buy the Aldi ones that are like 3 for a five or something.

They are fairly thin on toppings, but I slice a frankfurter, some fresh mushrooms, tomato, onion and whatever else there is to hand really on to them, lash on a bit of extra cheese and bob's yer uncle.

The base and sauce are really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

Tried the chicago town pizza the other day and love it.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Tesco doesnt sell them which is the only downside :( thats why i never seen them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

good fellas has gone down hill :(....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

EricM wrote: »
    Tried the chicago town pizza the other day and love it.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Tesco doesnt sell them which is the only downside :( thats why i never seen them before.

Tesco used to not sell them but they do now because I got one in my local tesco a fortnight ago. They are cheaper than Supervalu too.... €4.30/€4.40 or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Guys,

Make your own Pizza rather than buying that processed crap.

They are very easy to do anybody can do it and you can taylor it whichever way you want.

I promise you once you make your own you will never buy one again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

kilns wrote: »
    Guys,

Make your own Pizza rather than buying that processed crap.

They are very easy to do anybody can do it and you can taylor it whichever way you want.

I promise you once you make your own you will never buy one again!!

Have you got a recipe??

Check out Jamie Olivers website, he makes an easy to understand base. Basically all you need to get is strong flour and yeast although I initially mix it in a bowl and then transfer to my worktop.

I also have a pizza stone (which you can pick up for 10-15 euro) and they make the world of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

kilns wrote: »
    I also have a pizza stone (which you can pick up for 10-15 euro) and they make the world of difference.

Where did you buy it? How big is it?

I got mine in the kitchen/household shop on South King Street (cant remember the name) and is approx 20 inches in diameter it fits perfectly in the bottom of my oven

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭memo_to_all

Guys,
    i noticed the same thing couple of weeks ago...and put it down to either a bad batch of pizza dough or they have fecked around with the salt lvels to meet the FSAI 2010 sodium targets.

It deffo the pizza base...not enough salt..its like eating cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone remember San Marco frozen pizzas.

Not sure who made them but I think they disappeared around the time Goodfellas came on the market.

I used to love those pizzas.

If you're in Cork, Iago in The English Market sell balls of pizza dough for around €1.60 which you can stretch out and put your own toppings on.
    So good I never bother making my own base.

RE toppings - less is more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Saw the san marco ones in supervalu earlier!! Haven't seen them in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Tinwhistle*

Had a pizza in Paolos in Kilcullen last weekend. Apart from Pizza Hut's Priazzo Roma (from the late 80's) it was one of the best pizza's I've had. Sluuurrrrppp!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭foobi

which goodfellas pizza was it? might be able to give u an insight into them!

Advertisement