Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defeat!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Does nobody else have the opinion that they don't have the time to understand the complexities of the Nice treaty and that the country elected the representitives to understand the issues and vote for them?

I don't see why there was a need for a referendum on this topic(I'm aware of our constitution yes, but I mean why the public should have a say)

Surely we had our say when we elected the people who are in office, and I think that it is ludicrous to ask the Irish voters to understand the issue totally, and hence make an informed opinion on it.

You can say all you want about the Yes/No sides but at least they knew why they were using propeganda, not just guessing based on tidbits they have seen on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

why the public should have a say

We are altering our constitution.

So - We need have to vote to ratify this.

Thank to Raymond Crotty - His books & Ideas still hold true.

Advertisement