Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolby Digital - Optical to Coax converter

Options
  • 20-10-2002 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's a gadget to convert the 5.1 optical output on a DVD player to the 5.1 coax input on the older 5.1 amps? Also is there anywhere in Ireland/UK that sells them?

Thanks

Edit:

I found one on the Maplin website. The order code is QN18U - £15 Sterling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I had a quick look around, but the only convertors I could find were 'pro recording studio' type equipment, and nothing like the price of the component you located.

Example:

http://www.cdbm.com/shop/detail.cgi?id=117210

Still, if you absolutely had to walk into a shop and get one there and then (as opposed to mail order) you'd probably find a place selling this sort of stuff.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I got such an item in O'Callaghan's electrical shop in Cork. It was about £25 when I bought it. Works perfectly.

Advertisement