Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D maps

Options
  • 20-10-2002 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing with regards to ireland, or has some1 come up with a topographical map of the world?

basically im after a map where i can see the topographical layout of dublin, heights clearly, thats where the idea of a 3d map came into mind as it would be v.handy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

can u get maps with only the heights on them? where & how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

theres a huge map shop down in camden street (D2) if thats of any help.

Or i dont know if this is of any help but usually when i have to find somewhere by map i use this --> http://interactive2.iol.ie/oceanmaps/content/index.asp

know what its called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

A DEM (demographic map thing) can be fed into a terrain generating rpogram and give a 3d image of said place.

DEMs are available from map making people (those guys on the streets)

Kdja

do u have to scan the images in?

do people do it for you?

know any programmes that do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

DEMs available to the irish public are generally of no real usable quality. i recently bought a mesh of ireland for ms flight sim 2k2 and in the rerlase notes for it the makers stated that it was not very acurate because they could not get dems of high enough resolution from the ordanance survey.

Advertisement