Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software, whats the best?

• 20-10-2002 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Im gonna build a new pc soon enough I hope and i was just wondering what software to get.

CD Burning: Nero? whats the best?
    Office: Whats the newest version of Microsoft office?
    OS: As a gamer I would prefare speed but im not going back to Win98 so whats better for games, XP or 2000?

I may update this when i remember the other things

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Get nero and clone cd defo.
    XP pro is good but home sucks.
    most people prefer 2k tho, personnaly i had to many problems with it, XP has a lot less than 2k for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

K for burning then m8 heres what i,d suggest !!

nero burning rom...
    Svcds and vcds straight audio...
    Dont know about mp3,s tried a few with this and worked and turned out fine !!

pc games use clone cd for 1:1 games and another one (cant remember which) for burning cue and bin files downloaded of the net ..

There the best !!

Appy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Regarding game performance over different windows flavours, there is not much different - see www.tomshardware.com for the article and benchmarks.
    Burning apps as above :)
    OfficeXP is the latest (Office 11 in beta) tho take a look at www.openoffice.org

Dizz

Advertisement