Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Lights

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Name of forum has been changed....

The drop down menu will be updated automatically with 24 hours or less, before anyone points it out....

As they say, my wish is your command.

Vex..

Ps just spotted this on Komplett, expensive... but nice looking.

Nice "off the shelf" modded case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Buying off the shelf fans, with LEDs, pre-painted cases, etc etc just ruins the whole modding community if you ask me. Modding is changing the case, cooling, keyboard, monitor, mouse, to make it different from what it was, as opposed to overclocking, which is performance boosting.

As for rounded IDE cable, and that cable wrap stuff, why not do it yourself! split the ide strands individually and then use cable ties, and spray, or cover in electrical tape, (which if done correctly can look sweet).

as for this
    Agreed it was but its evolved to vanity now.p

Frankly it always was, well, it always has and always will. It's the guy who who says "LOOK MINES BETTER THAN YOURS!". Unfortunately, the lack of originality and talent has led thousands of people to go out and spend €25 on colored LED Fans, "which look cool", instead, spending that €25 more wisely, on the best performing fan, and then modding it to cater his/her tastes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Altheus
    As for rounded IDE cable, and that cable wrap stuff, why not do it yourself! split the ide strands individually and then use cable ties, and spray, or cover in electrical tape, (which if done correctly can look sweet).

Done it, looked crap, got spiral wrap and it looked better.

The only difference is the spiral wrap, Electrical tape is ok but spiral wrap looks a hell of a lot better tbh.
    I still split the ide cable, still use the cable ties but all i do is use spiral wrap instead of electrical tape.

I would of made a fan with leds if i could get a clear fan in ireland but there was none so a pre modded one was bought.

I bought a premodded window just incase my original case side gets destroyed while doing my new window. (its extremely complex)

read this post.
    It needs to be updated but that was what i had done so far on my old case. As you can see i've done the fan mods, ive done the rounding, and the fan mod was a modified version of someone from OcUK's fan mod.

I soon hope to get my watercooling kit and install it into my case.

I still have many more things planned for this case.

"which look cool", instead, spending that €25 more wisely, on the best performing fan, and then modding it to cater his/her tastes..

I've UV painted my 80mm Deltas, but they dont like leds too much.

I should have more done to the case next week one my cpc order comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

i dunno if you've seen this but this guy seems to be the king of modding!!!! check it out here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

OMG :eek:
    I want :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement