Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any ideas?

• 21-10-2002 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know this might be wrong, but the way I see it, women think Im about as attractive as madagascar tree sloth. Whenever Im near them, they seem to have this look on their face like theyre standing next to a serial killer or something undesirable. I imagine that they are thinking ' god get me out of here, get me away from this bloke he is hideous'. Dont get me wrong, I dont see myself that way at all. I dont think Im ugly, although Im can never be sure what women think. My opinion on any women who sees me that way is that she isnt worth it, but now since I see nearly every woman is like that, then I have to sever myself from the entire female population. Women dont even talk to me at all, they just shimmy away like I let a bad fart. This group of women excludes my brothers girlfriends, or other women I have known for a while.

The way it looks I am hopeless with women. I havent kissed that many girls. It seems the drunk ones come after me. I did kiss a girl about 3 weeks ago, but she claimed she had been drinking since noon that day ( we were in a nightclub ). She seemed sober enough. This was on the friday, but when I rung her on the monday, she was very surprised to hear from me, and it was as if she wanted me off the phone. I txt'd here and she never wrote back.
    A few months ago, I used to put myself down all the time, and I would try to avoid all confrontation with people. Now I have changed a bit and I seem to be more headstring and confident. I take no **** and if conflict comes, then I will welcome it. I dont get into fights, but I will argue a point if someone accuses me of something.
    Last week I worked up the confidence to try it on with a girl I knew but not too well. Im 20 now and she must have been 24 I think. As soon as she caught wind of my intentions, she gave me a big dirty look like I had committed the worlds worst crime, and immediatly made a beeline for her mates.

I have done nothing wrong to anyone in my area, and I would be regarded as a nice guy to people who know me well, yet alot of the women around see me as the opposite. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

why do you think there is something wrong with you?

and why do you think you should be getting more 'action'?

and why do you think this isnt normal?

you consider yourself a nice guy. and maybe you are.
    maybe youa re just really rough looking?

who knows?

its life.
    get along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

All you can do is keep trying. And keep away from the bitches... Maybe thats the problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by daveg
    All you can do is keep trying. And keep away from the bitches... Maybe thats the problem ?

the bítches?

you want to explain that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Mate your problem is simply your trying too hard and girls can pick up on it relay easily. Just relax and try to enjoy yourself on a night out don¡¯t go out with the aim of getting a girl. Plus its not always a good idea to try it on the first time you meet a girl things can sometimes work out better if you wait until you meet again and then try to take things further.

P.S. You don¡¯t have to be good looking to get a girl some of the best looking girls I know date ugly blokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Hey maybe this guy has a head like that elephant boy or something. That could be a problem for girls.

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

yea it cause you's is pig ugly just get use to been on your own!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Firstly I would like to say to logic1 and especially to sposs, that your replies arent helpful to this poor chap here. He has come here looking for advice and he feels down about himself, so its not fair to be saying them things.

Now, heres some advice I could offer for you guest2002. Dont be so self conscious with the ladies. Theyre probably not thinking what you say they are. I know I have been around some women I didnt know before, and I felt a bit wierd because I might have fancied one of them. Might be the same for you no? Dont always assume the worst is happening in these situations, or else you will feel terrible.

Like Doc said, when your going out, have a few drinks and a good time with your mates and **** the women. This is the approach I take, and if they see you are too desperate to get your wear, and they see lack of confidence, they will run like an antelope for the door.

I used to think the same as you, but then I just stopped caring. I am more confident with women and Ill talk to them and all, but if they start getting uppity with me, then I say **** 'em. That 24 year old one you were talking about must have been some dancefloor ****, who might have let on that she may be interested. She was probably messing with your head, I have seen that before. **** her. Apologies for my filthy mouth, but I feel it is needed to get the point across in my own way.

I hope that helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Defenistrator

I know this might be wrong
    wrong attitude
    women think Im about as attractive as madagascar tree sloth
    not to other madagascaran(?) tree sloths
    like theyre standing next to a serial killer
    yer man in "American Psycho" WAS a serial killer and was not bad looking
    I imagine that they are thinking ' god get me out of here, get me away from this bloke he is hideous'.
    maybe they are thinking: god get me out of here, get me away from this bloke he is gorgeous!, I won't be able to control myself!'
    My opinion on any women who sees me that way is that she isnt worth it
    Maybe she thinks you are too good for her, your ma will say the same!

FFS have some faith in yourself! need I go on? YOU ARE GODS GIFT TO WHOEVER CHOOSES YOU..........time friend...time!

and as for .logic, it's sad waiting for your windows machine to go down on you!

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Defenistrator

Sposs,

do you suck eggs? or do you suceed?

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by Defenistrator
    Sposs,

do you suck eggs? or do you suceed?

D.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sposs, I sent you a pm by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

In my opinion trying to meet someone in a nightclub / pub is doomed for failure most of the time. I don't believe that women are that judgemental of looks, however they do prize confidence in a man and yes us gals, can smell desperation a mile off. Also beware that some women enjoy flirting with men so that they can then turn them down. They enjoy that sense of power. Not all women are like this but unfortunately just as there are bastard men, there are bitchy women. Those types are mainly found in pubs/clubs. I have friends in the past like this. Also there are some women who love bad men and are not attracted to the nice guy.

I think if you can just relax, be yourself, like yourself and talk to women, just as you would a mate and forget about tits, bums, getting off with them, the sex bit will follow. Plus by not trying to get into a woman's knickers within the first few minutes of meeting, you will become a challenge and an enigma to her.

Advertisement