Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters - One by One

Options
  • 21-10-2002 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

What does everyone make of the new Foo Fighters album. I personally think its fairly good, not a patch on "There Is Nothing Left To Lose" but its still impressive, which is what we've come to expect from Grohl and co.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

a nice kick back to grohls more nirvana style writings from the 1st album

some great songs, some not so good
    not as good as 'nothing left to lose' ? hmmm, probally not but i kinda prefer this album right now...gimme a few weeks listening to it before i make up my mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Saw it for in town pretty cheap yesterday, was considering getting it. I liked 'There Is Nothing Left To Lose' very much, but I don't know... If it's going back to a more Nirvana style? Don't really think I'll be getting it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Haven't had a chance to listen to it all through yet. Not too sure if I'd agree with the Nirvavna-esque reference...

Gimmie a week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Its not a bad album some of the songs are among the best theyve ever done but theres also 1 or 2 dud songs aswell the dvds class though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

it DEFINITELY does NOT sound like Nirvana. All My Life is the heaviest track on the album. Did anyone else look at the photo gallery on the DVD? Theres a photo of them on horseback beside the Ballymun flats. Its really good. There are also a few Witnness photos, some pics of the Ambassador gig and loads, loads more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

All My Life is the type of track that grows on you. I expect their new album to be good but not as good as the colour and the shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Went mental and bought three albums today without even listening to them, including One By One. Still have to listen to it, but I'm glad that "The One" isn't on it - that song really gets on my nerves for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Zanza

I love their recent one [All my life] I think ..
    Its cool ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭rien_du_tout

I think the album is better than "nothing left to lose" but not as good as the first 2. About 3 dud songs take it away from being a great album. The last song makes up a hellova lot though, acoustic bit in the middle is excellent and it kicks back in for the finish. I feel I'm gonna get bored of all my life pretty soon though, it's overplayed a fair bit.

seán

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I think the album is better than "nothing left to lose" but not as good as the first 2. About 3 dud songs take it away from being a great album. The last song makes up a hellova lot though, acoustic bit in the middle is excellent and it kicks back in for the finish. I feel I'm gonna get bored of all my life pretty soon though, it's overplayed a fair bit.

Agree 100%.

On a foo related matter i went to see them in the point on wednesday. They're a brilliant live act. Very VERY enjoyable :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Went mental and bought three albums today without even listening to them, including One By One

not quite that mental, believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 freaky_boy

Originally posted by Kali
    not quite that mental, believe me.

i agree wit kali! about 3weeks ago i bought 7albums in 2days but i didnt think tat was mental! Expensive Definately!!!!!!!

Advertisement