Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam: Riot Act

Options
  • 21-10-2002 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard it yet?

I've downloaded about 75% of it so far and I like it.
    Good old skool PJ- not likely to attract new fans in vast numbers but will appease the PJ "groupies"

Interested to hear what y'all think so far

--
    BTW, I advance ordered it on www.cdwow.ie as well for a very respectable £8.99 stg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

about 80% done
    listening to you are, fcuking great song. looks like they are back to their best again. it is very old skool, none of that stragness that was binaural and some of yield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Loving what I've heard so far. Still can't understand why people don't like Binaural or Yield - apart from Ten, Yield is the most consistently good album from the band, imho :D

I've really gotten hooked on I Am Mine, which is their first single. The video (yes, they're realising a video :eek: ) is playing on MTV2 and Kerrang. Probably will make it onto MTV itself as well.

Have to see You Are and Love Boat Captain are real stand-outs as well.

Anyone hear anymore rumours about a possible European tour next year? Still banging my head of the wall bout missing the Summer 2000 gig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

that makes two of us...damn gig being on during the damn leaving cert...

anyhoo, i heard they're releasing a rarities album at some stage next year and then touring...lets hope they make an appearance here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

They are releasing the rarieties album next year, and they will be touring Europe. I severly doubt they'll miss out on Ireland...any chance Witnness? They usually play the festivals (there's a rumour started:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you missed that gig?! :eek:
    ah hah ha ha ha ha!
    sorry ... it was pretty good tho...
    i am waiting patiently for the album to come out, no downloading for me( i dont know why i wont have any money when it comes out!) looks like its gonna be worth the wait from what you all say, yay!
    lol... pearl jam at witnness.... nice rumour...
    they DID do slane tho... so its a believable one... i cant wait to see where this goes :p:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

PJ @ the point, I think must have been the best gig I've ever been to- it feckin rawked big-time.

I hope they just play the Point again and not a festival- becuase it just so messy with tickets and then getting there.

Whatever or Wherever, I just hope they include Ireland on the tour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah, PJ @ the point 2K was a fantastic gig, a lot better than '96

A lot of people have a major problem with the point though, I've always liked it:confused:

I've no problem with the Point, cos' I'll be there tonight for Coldplay!

PJ 2000 was better than PJ 1996, definitely. One of my top 5 gigs ever, and that includes QOTSA@Ambassador, and Sepultura@Brixton Academy the night Max split with the band...

I think the main reason that a lot peeps dont like the Point is because the bouncers/security are the biggest priccks known to mankind-

The best way round that is simply to keep a low profile-

it was funny at that gig actually- wacthing all the wannabe crowd surfers geting the shiite kciked into them by the blokes in bright yellow windbreakers. I think I have a pic of eddie doing the stagedive at the very end now that I think of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Downloaded it about a month ago :p

Cool album.... not as good as Ten, though....

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by 80project
    I think the main reason that a lot peeps dont like the Point is because the bouncers/security are the biggest priccks known to mankind-

That's what happens when MCD hire a security company thats run by a criminal. ****ers. There's one fat-necked git has it in for me...saw him at the Green Energy, Witnness, Pitchshifter, and QOTSA. Always goes for me first. He's gonna gerrit...

Originally posted by therecklessone
    He's gonna gerrit...

LOL
    Get to him first though...
    before he gets to you by the sounds of it !!!

Originally posted by TmB
    Downloaded it about a month ago :p

Cool album.... not as good as Ten, though....

- Dave.

Please - put away the TENometer! It's pointless! Would be worried if it was like Ten after 10 years.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

Downloaded it yesterday, its definitely a grower, Love Boat Captain is a quality tune. Saw PJ the two times they were in the point, the last one rocked big time, bet your bottom dollar they will come back.

Its definitley growing on me. Its very impressive.

Notwithstanding the barometer of commercial success, I think most fans will like this ALOT !

If your contemplating buying it, do so :)

After having the new Pearl Jam for almost a week, I must say that I am very impressed. Can't find fault with it at all. Love the message in Bu$hleaguer :D

Just really hope that they're coming on tour soon..

Advertisement