Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making powerful enemies

Options
  • 21-10-2002 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My apologies but it had to be done. I hope this does not upset people or cause **** but i felt i had to express such opinions with the good listeners of phantom. Headed into whelans on saturday night, disco shoes in hand all ready for some breakdancing and erdinger when i hear this "enchanting" music emminating from the stage. Upon investigation i discover that it was none other than Something Happens with the enigmatic Tom Dunne standing God-like at the front of the stage. We got in for roughly the last half hour of the show - i think because i headed into the bar after a couple of "NUMBERS".

So what gets my goat i hear you ask?? Right, being in a dublin band and knowing how hard it is to get any kind of press/gigs/promotion etc. it just freaked me out to see Tom "Bono" Dunne standing in probably the best venue in the city on a saturday night playing poxy cover versions from abba to the village people et al. But thats only part of it because this Bucko refuses to play any music which is unsolicited i.e demos, self funded independent singles etc. regardless without even giving bands the benefit of the doubt and at least listening to them beforehand and then deciding. And then theres that cowboy blasting out a little less conversation on a saturday night in whelans. NOw forgive me for like i said i only got in for the last half hour , forty minutes. Maybe they played a blinding set and that was part of an elaborate encore - the crafty devil. So please no bashing, it just pissed me off cause he does nought to promote young irish talent and goes and bashes out other peoples songs to a packed crowd in the wondeful whelans.

Advertisement