Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with fax machine

• 22-10-2002 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Anybody out there know anything about the 'Olivetti OFX 500 Linkfax' fax machine.

Last week mine started to give the following error when you switch it on,

TAD/TAX RX
    SYSTEM ERROR 03

The machine is completely unusable at the moment. When I looked up the error in the User Manual it says to call technical support. I did this and they said that it must have been hit by lightening (what a load of poo) and there is nothing that can be done. The machine is out of warranty by about 6 months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

In case anyone ever comes accross the same problem I got the following from Olivetti's tech support (lexsupport@lexikon.co.uk)

TO RESET YOUR ERROR.
    POWER OFF M/C , REMOVE CARTRIDGE, PUSH CARRAGE LEFT HAND SIDE.
    CLOSE COVER WITHOUT CARTRIDGE , POWER ON M/C . THIS SHOULD CORECT ERROR .

Guess what ....... it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You should ring Olivetti's tech support and let them know how incompetent their staff are!

Advertisement