Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat DSL Prices ?????

Options
  • 22-10-2002 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Do any one know where I can go and get the Prices for ESAT dsl as they are not on there site and also if there is a cap on there Product and if there dsl can be networked ( the smaller package)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BogoBot

attached. I'm close to signing up for this service. There is no cap and AFAIK you can share it among multiple machines so long as you don't try to get them to support it.

Bogobot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Not many people will like downloading that and opening it.

Can you print the relevant secton on pricing in a post on this thread pls?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

ADSL 512k/256k ULMP
    installation charge ~ EUR152.03
    Quarterly Rental charge ~ EUR326.70 or ~EUR108.90 per month

Giving an initial total of ~ EUR478.73

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Pricewise it is almost identical to Eircom ADSL except (importantly) they don't have an unreasonable download cap. However it does specify that you have to pay for each 3 months rental in advance. None of the prices in the document include vat, so its clearly a product aimed at businesses - anyone know if they have any plans to include a residential offering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and the installation cost is lower than €ircon

the quarter upfront method of charging should be compared to the €ircon installation charge and equipment purchase. ESAT include the modem with the monthly rental.

€ircon will charge

Connection fee is 165 excl. VAT
    Additional equipment required;
    ADSL USB modem 145 excl. VAT or
    ADSL ethernet modem 200 excl. VAT.

(ESAT include an Ethernet modem ISTR which would cost ya €242 incl VAT from €ircon .....payable pretty much immediately).

Note that the ESAT minimum contract is 1 QUARTER where the €ircon one is 1 YEAR, €ircon DO NOT buy the DSL Modems back at the end of the contract, once bought it stays bought.

Seein as the Linux heads got a decision from the ODTR last month that €ircon could not force them to buy the €ircon DSL modems.....Linux and USB being less than au fait with each other historically.... I wonder if anybody has sought the discount from ESAT for providing their own DSL Modem and HOW MUCH The Discount was, do tell us in here.

Not even a christmas mad turkey would go with €ircon if both ESAT and €ircon DSL products were locally available to them IMO

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Originally posted by Muck
    Not even a christmas mad turkey would go with €ircon if both ESAT and €ircon DSL products were locally available to them IMO

Agreed.
    Though if I had these 2 products and IrishBroadband's one all available to me (currently 0/3) I'd go for IBB at €265 + €40 per month (all ex vat to continue the pricing trend above). :)

So here's hoping dsl comes to the residential market soon with suitable price tags :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Muck
    Seein as the Linux heads got a decision from the ODTR last month that €ircon could not force them to buy the €ircon DSL modems.....Linux and USB being less than au fait with each other historically....
    Linux is known to work well with both of the modems Eircom offer, but there are better and much cheaper options out there.

Advertisement