Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ulrika-ka-ka-ka

• 22-10-2002 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

anyone know who the tv presenter in question is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No

And I don't think it would be wise to speculate on a public forum either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

My moneys on Andy Peters....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I'm thinking it was one of the breakfast presenters around the time she was a weather girl on ITV , yer man from Anne and Nick Maybe ...

Its got too much publicity for it too stay secret , it'll be out soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

i cant believe no one knows who this is.

its Ulrika Johnson.(of recent Sven Eriksson lover fame)
    The lads, in the very funny quiz show "Shooting Stars", Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, used to take the piss out of her and call her that.
    she was the captain of one team and mark lamarr was the captain of the other.

i think Shooting Stars is coming back on air soon enough aswell.

Now I'm confused - I know its Ulrika Jonsson but what we do not know is the alleged date rapist TV presenter whom she accused in her book .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Panda's either taking the píss or else not very sharp.

just found this in google , don't know how true it is but its *ALLEGEDLY* yer man who used to date Catherine Zeta Jones

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ulrika+jonsson+rapist&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=afaa8d63.0210211623.714c24df%40posting.google.com&rnum=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

huh?

poor girl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Elwood

Anyone who's ever seen the big lebowski will know what the johnson is a euphanisim for. from what i heard the picture press(tabloid rags) have been saying is that she lives up to her name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

In the Scottish papers, they are saying that it is a Scottish TV personality.

Allegedly, there's only two male Scottish TV personalities that are well known, and that I can immediately think of.... John Leslie and Nicky Campbell. And John Leslie was talking aboiut it to Max Clifford on This Morning about it, so if its him, he's playing a very straight bat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

anyone see the Jonathon Ross chat show where he grilled her about why she wouldn't reveal the name of the guy who did assault her, knowing that he continued to do it to other women well after her attack....

JR was fairly harsh about it, and ulrika just sat there with a fixed grin and shrugged a couple of times until JR took pity and finished the interview.

he has a point though

yeah I did see the Johnathan Ross interview

he sure grilled her about it , and he also stated that " he thought he knew who it was ", seemly loadsa people in celebrity circles know well who the accused is too.

Thats why I think its gotta get leaked soon......

IMHO if its true then yer mans career is over , if not its a fairly sick way of promoting a book .... we'll see

Originally posted by Elwood
    Anyone who's ever seen the big lebowski will know what the johnson is a euphanisim for. from what i heard the picture press(tabloid rags) have been saying is that she lives up to her name.

Just because she's had plenty of partners doesn't mean she deserved to be raped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

She ofiicially used to go with that John Leslie dude,according to my Sunday rags I was reading.
    But the truth is that she WASNT raped-its just a way to sell more books.Its bullsh1te-she picked opn a celeb who is rumoured to do this to other women,but i guarantee you this never even happened.She says that she spent 5 days in hospital-why hasnt any of the tabloids found medical files stating this?And the hospital would have called the police if they suspected a rape-how come nothing has been heard of whether she even met with police?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This thread is very tawdry, I'm not going to join-in....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by daveirl
    Em you can get raped by someone you're going out with.

You can be raped by anyone, husband, father, brother, friend as long as they force you into it it's rape. And it doesn't need to be at gunpoint either.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge in this case, Ulrika may not to the most stable of people on the world but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It may even explain a lot of what has happened to her since.

Em you can get raped by someone you're going out with.

Well that's just stupid. How can you possibly guarentee that.

Because medical records are private.

Patient - Doctor confidentiality would stop this.

She didn't. That was in the documentary.

A very small percentage of rapes are reported so there is nothing strange about that

Firstly I know that somebody can be raped by somebody they are seeing-I was merely stating that she is known to have gone out with him.
    How can I guarantee it?Perhaps because she is bringing all this up just in time for her autobiography?If she wrote a book a year ago nobody would have bought it.But the whole Sven thing put her in the spotlight.What better way to sell more books that make a false rape allegation.ho knows-she probably thought"perhaps this will make people sorry for me and I wont be known as one of tvs most renowned sluts"
    Please:rolleyes: It is for two purposes only-to sell more books and to increase her popularity and reputation with the public.
    As for patient doc confidentiality-if a man is brought in with shotgun wounds I am fairly sure the cops are immeadiately called,even if the victim doesnt want it.Why should a rape be any different?
    To quote Only Fools and Horses Delboy
    "Dya smell that?What is it?Pigs?Chickens?Dogs?Oh I know what it is.
    ITS BULLSH1T! "

I am not denying that there is a celebrity out there who has a reputation for this kind of thing.But she has merely heard rumours about this man and thought"Hmmm,Ill write about him raping me and give a vague description of who he is so at least some of my celebrity pals might believe me".
    Honestly!!!
    :rolleyes:

Gopher, do you get beaten up much?

You do know your an idiot dont you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Miss Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo, The Gopher, Animal, Beaker, Fozzie...... they all have something in common. Anyone? Anyone?

Ulrika isn't stupid enough to put out a false rape allegation. If its true, then the perpetrator's career is over. If its false, then HER career is over - book or no book.

- Dave.

• Advertisement

I have little interest in television or Ulrika but I do have friends (plural) who have been date raped and they didn't report it. This is a very traumatic experience so we have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Panda's either taking the píss or else not very sharp.

erm ok, ill go for the latter.
    i havnt been reading any POS tabloids lately so i didnt even know about this.

to be honest though from nores question how the hell could i?
    poor ulrika though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

What I don't understand is why the press haven't just named him. If they're camped outside his house then they just need to take a picture and say something like "the man believed to be Ulrika's alleged attacker" No? Or am I missing something? I guess there must be legal reasons but I'd have thought there was a way round them - unless he has taken out a court order like that football player recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Patient - Doctor confidentiality would stop this.

Actually it wouldn't. In most Countries including Ireland and England if a patient reports something illegal to a doctor such as rape then the Doctor is obliged to report it to either the local health board officials or the Gardai depending on the circumstances.

.logic.

Looking at some of the newspapers today it still seems that the Alleged rapist has a few more woman claiming against him. From reading the extracts it seems these women are going to speak with publicist Max Clifford - Anyone think this a little odd , ok maybe they have been date raped , but go to the POLICE , not to a publicist - IMHO they are just trying to cash in on what Ulrika has already cashed in on , Sensationalism sells papers and books FACT

I'd still like to know who the guy is that they are accusing though :confused:

Pfft... she'll be on the Late Late Show next :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by LizardKing

I'd still like to know who the guy is that they are accusing though :confused:

Why???

Why???

Well ......
    Cos that was the reason this whole thread was started ......... wasn't it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

He is well known now, I could post his name although that might not be too clever...

I could drop clues however?

;-)

Just post the name , and put allegedly beside it ,

you're not goin to get sued

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Thats got to land them in the slurry tank...

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,817550,00.html

On other forums, those who watched it live mentioned that he named John Leslie, which was swiftly retracted by the producers and Wright himself.

Named and Shamed (maybe)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/1730067

hmm... the begining of the end of someones TV Life

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Named and Shamed (maybe)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/1730067

Site temporarily unavailable
    Forgive our appearance while this site undergoes routine maintenance. Please come back and visit us again soon

heh.

Try again - Its available - I checked from a few machines

I'll post the page as a zipped .mht file so u can see it

Dustaz please explain how making a senbsible assumption makes a person an idiot.
    Just watching the news there and it says that two women have come forward to make allegations against this man.Now Im not sure if these women are telling you the truth but if one of them appears in this Sundays News of the World I will be confident it is bollocks.
    Id say the UK News sites are nearing crash point at the moment:D
    Anyway if you cant get the site its John Leslie,better known as the genial host of This Morning on ITV.
    Im setting the video tomorrow to see if he shows up:)

And isnt it a bit suspicious that htese two new"victims"have made a beeline for Max Clifford,the most notorious sh1t stirrer in the UK when it comes to celebrity rumour and kiss and tell stories.

I smell some very stinky rats.Frankly if these women are found to be lying I hope they,including Jonson,are sent straight to prison.

Mods-if there is anything libeleous in here please simply remove the name of the suspect-not the post:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Shazbat

Originally posted by The Gopher

I smell some very stinky rats.Frankly if these women are found to be lying I hope they,including Jonson,are sent straight to prison.

Do you hope that if they are not lying that the alledged (multiple)rapist will be sent to prison?

You were a bit too quick to announce that she is making it all up.

I have to say that you're sending out the wrong impression, you would almost imagine your siding with the alledged rapist (maybe thats the impression you want to send out? I'm not saying u are but I think thats whats coming across in your posts)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by The Gopher

And isnt it a bit suspicious that htese two new"victims"have made a beeline for Max Clifford,the most notorious sh1t stirrer in the UK when it comes to celebrity rumour and kiss and tell stories.

There is the possibility that they (the women) know that at this stage they will never secure any sort of sentence on the accused (assuming he is found guilty) in court and that they are looking for 'justice' through other avenues (ie. let EVERYONE know what he - allegedly - did) ???

I do not know if he did or did not do any of these things but he should be presumed INNOCENT until proven GUILTY -

I'd also assume his current situation whereby he is not commenting to the Media is probably due to the fact he may not want to get into a tit-for-tat media battle and he is most probably seeking sound legal advice

If people do not know who he is by the way , thay may recall he used to Present the show Wheel of Fortune too

Have a flick thru some of the UK Papers (note the Gutter Press)

Trial by media

http://www.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/0,,30000-1068105-1,00.html

Seemly he's taking time off "This Morning" currently too ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Much as I despise John Leslie, I think it's quite despicable, for someone with Ulrika's 'reputation' to wait FOURTEEN YEARS to report this alleged rape, sorry rather than reporting it she's just publicising it, and i'm sure she knew that by NOT naming the man, she would create a media frenzy thus selling more copies of her sorry little book.

I think it's really pathetic how she seems to be profiting out of this alleged rape, and giving real rape victims a bad rap. Hopefully if it's untrue, John Leslie will sue her into a black hole in space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

if he did actually rape/assault her why doesn't she actually do something about it legally?

it sounds a bit dodgy, as if she's saying "read all about how this mystery tv personality raped me when I was new in the business, but I won't be naming him or taking legal action as I want to concentrate on my book sales"

I think I remember her saying on that jonathon ross chat show that he'd done it to other young tv women, and ross saying why doesn't she take legal action in case he does it again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Did you know, Ulrika's cameraman ex-husband was filming that interview with Jonathan Ross? Curiouser and curiouser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by eth0_
    Much as I despise John Leslie, I think it's quite despicable, for someone with Ulrika's 'reputation' to wait FOURTEEN YEARS to report this alleged rape,

how many rapes every day go unreported?
    what has rape got to do with anyones reputation.
    just because you appear to dispise ulrika jonsson, doesnt mean that she wasnt raped.

QUOTE]Originally posted by eth0_
    I think it's really pathetic how she seems to be profiting out of this alleged rape, and giving real rape victims a bad rap. Hopefully if it's untrue, John Leslie will sue her into a black hole in space. [/QUOTE]

are you actually saying that ulrika is lying about being raped?
    and tell me, what do you mean about giving 'real rape vicitims' a bad rape?
    are there false rape victims?

i do not understand your attitudes towards someone who claims they ahave been raped. especially from a woman.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by eth0_
    Much as I despise John Leslie, I think it's quite despicable, for someone with Ulrika's 'reputation' to wait FOURTEEN YEARS to report this alleged rape

despicable? why? is it not bad enough to be raped without having to go through all that sh*t that comes with and proving that someone raped you - a lot of women prefer to leave it and get on with life than put themselves through that. Only the very brave and strong take the step of reporting a rape.

sorry rather than reporting it she's just publicising it, and i'm sure she knew that by NOT naming the man, she would create a media frenzy thus selling more copies of her sorry little book.

perhaps, after all these years, she may find it easier to talk about it, perhaps writing it down was a form of therapy for her, I don't see how naming or not naming the man would make any difference to the amount of copies sold, either way it's going to cause speculation. But while she does not name him, she cannot be sued for slander.

I think it's really pathetic how she seems to be profiting out of this alleged rape

why would anyone try to profit from this, if she was found to be lying, it would do her no favours, do you have 100% proof that it is a lie?

and giving real rape victims a bad rap

you assume too much

At the moment nobody has PROOF of anything , we are all getting wrapped up in the media hype, which , as far as I can see has originated from the Ulrika Jonsson camp.

In her Johnathan Ross interview she stated she had named the guy in the book but was advised legally to remove the name...

I would have to say that the only facts we know are
    - Ulrika has made a tidy sum from her book
    - The TV Presenter has denied the claims
    - The TV Presenter is now in hiding / off work
    - The police were not contacted by Ulrika
    - 2 other alleged victims contacted Max Clifford
    - 1 victim has contacted Scotland Yard

IMHO - I would say it would be extremely difficult for Ulrika to get any sort of justice for this in the courts if true, so she cashed in with the book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

The timing be it accidental or otherwise 'appears' to be quite cynical.

The documentary on her, the interview with J.R, the forthcoming book, the involvement of a notorious publicist with other alledged victims.

I would think these are issues best dealt with privately. The handling of this event appears to be nothing short of a sequential PR event - which given the gravity of the accusations is fairly distasteful.

Rape cases are not something best addressed in the public eye. We have a situation now where truth and lies will be mixed to such an extent as to obscure a clear and impartial view for the justice system.

It's quite obvious that a lot of you have no idea what it might be like to be raped and then have to face a court action. If the guy is guilty then he deserves anything he gets. It seems very unlikely that Ulrika would make this up, as it's likely that she'd be the one in court with the book royalties heading off to the accused. The fact is most rape cases are not reported to the police so none of this is surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

For the love of god .. there is nobody on this thread stating rape is a good or pleasant event. But simply because an individual cries 'rape' does not mean we should ditch all common sense and due process in an effort to lynch the accused party.

None of us know what happened between them. Now Date Rape is going to be a traumatic event and so I can fully appreciate not reporting it, but how is the public manner in which this has been handled a better way?

Cross examined by a lawyer - awful yes ..

But cross examined by Johnathan Ross on national television is preferable to this?

These issues should be dealt with privately - and the case now will be a mess of truth and lies, with possibly genuine cases side by side with ficticious tabloid claims. A super result ...

And the combination of a perfectly timed auto/biography just leaves a bad taste.

JAK.

Theres been some high profile Rape cases before
    e.g Mike Tyson and Quentin Haan (pro snooker player)

Tyson was found guilty and deservedly served prison sentence.
    Haan was found not guilty , however the papers had him branded a rapist even before trial... In his case the claimant falsely accused him of rape - something that does happen

• Advertisement
Advertisement