Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halloween da2 not to be missed

Options
  • 22-10-2002 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

starting up on thurs 31st (halloween night) the return off going underground acoustic sessions featured before were ..the walls,saveille,blink,west 70s,mundy,ro byrne (ex lir) colm querney, ....on the 31st weve got .....pugwash,the crayonz,sundogs,brown,the subtonics, and two very very special guests......admission free free free free every week to this lovely night.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

first band on 9.00 last act 12.30 followed by dj set from glen belushi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

From what I've seen of this event The very special guest are always well know its well cool, ya never know who's gonna be playing. And as Mick said its free. Good man Mick **** the begrudges ya cant say fairer then a free night's entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Nice one , shyould be poppin along at some point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

Fair play to you Mick, F**k the begrudgers!

also added on the night will be johnny pyro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

I don't want to bring more of this up again, but to the people saying "F**k the begrudgers", well, f**k you. There aren't any 'begrudgers', just people who got shafted and have a very valid reason to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

..and how much is this free night?

Its only a figure of speech no need to get on the offensive but on another note.
    Its not shafting people its called running a business. People who run clubs have a lot of expenses and unfortunately Dublin is not somewhere like New York were there's a regular crowd of people who go to and enjoy live music I for one wish it was but alas its not. I got to know Mick from his Isaac days and he's one of the few people in the booking of gigs here (Not the only one there is a few I stress) who in my opinion really cares about music. Jesus he was in a well known band himself and toured all over the world so he knows the game better then most. If he could pay every band and make a profit I think he would, but hey as life has it that's not the case. Maybe people should get off his back and thank him for providing this city with another venue were bands can play there own music instead of criticizing him. The first thing he'll tell you when you go to book a gig like all venues here is the money situation so what's the point in moaning about it afterwards? I would love if I could get paid for every gig here but it's not the way it is so we all just have to get on with it if playing music is what we want to do.

Seraphina: its TOTALLY FREE, it’s in the downstairs bar and you just walk in the door no charge. In my experience the nights are great and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Respect to all people's opinions this is mine not an argument.

my apologies, my simpsons quotes aren't always recognisable...

The first thing he'll tell you when you go to book a gig like all venues here is the money situation so what's the point in moaning about it afterwards?

The whole point is that he didn't tell this band the money situation beforehand, he sprung it on them after the gig was over. I know arguing this isn't going to get me anywhere and will probably just annoy people who aren't going to alter their opinions or behaviour anyway but I just want to make it clear that it's not begrudgery. I have no problem with people helping young bands play gigs if they're honest and upfront about it. Ah, enough...

• Advertisement

lunar i did put my hands up and say sorry ,could we please please leave this i made a bad mistake it wont happen again enough pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thanks neil b and co for the comments ...mick

Okay fair enough Mick. I hope people have caused enough of a stir about this thing that it'll happen a lot less in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

hey Seraphina
    and when is this weekend??;)

... and how music IS this free weekend...

hehe, at least SOMEONE gets it...

also on thurs da 2 fancy dress party upstairs

Its tonight people some come on when are ya every given something totally FREE in this town.

Thursday 31st/ pugwash,the crayonz,sundogs,brown,the subtonics, and two very very special guests......admission free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I went tonight on this threads advice, great night johnny pyro was ****faced but great as usual, keep up the good work.
    If the fellah walking around that poured the two bottles into my mouth reads this CHEERS! but lay off the tobasco in the damn bottles =)
    still it was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    STOP SAYING THAT!
    FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh yea,
    I think I seen that " " moment its great to get free Booze. It was a good night in all. Its great that's its free and its good to see bands play an acoustic set that normally don't.
    On another note thanks to Mick, Glen and all @ DA2 for having us down last night much appreciated.

www.sundogsband.com

thanks to everyone who played on thur sundogs.crayonz(bringing the conversation down great tune!)j pyro ,brown,steph, sorry about pugwash thomas couldent make it ..next weeks line up ill post on monday its looking great thanks to everybody for coming dowm it was a great ,great, night and free to as well as with every thur at da 2 ...mick

freeeeeeee did someone say stop saying freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
Advertisement