Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets Take This Country By The Scruff Of The Neck (a New Political Party?)-please Read

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mr White

The only party who didn't support immigration were the Immigration Control Platform and their candidate recieved and astounding 900 votes I think. Hence there is a mandate.
    You made this point on another thread,as I remember,and you had the % vote at your fingertips too.Seems to me you're paying very close attention to the issue.

900+ votes was good for a new party with a Cork candidate running in Dublin.She campaigned on weekends against seasoned 'community' activists like O'Snogaidh(sic).It was a respectable vote for a single issue party,especially since all the mainstream parties,including Sein Fein,pledged not to talk about immigration or asylum seekers.

The main parties have no mandate for dissolving the Irish identity through multiculturalism and there's widespread concern about this development,whatever about election results(do any of the main parties reflect the 37% NO to Nice vote?).ICP will grow in the future unless some alternative takes its place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Turnip
    Did anyone see the channel 4 programme on the BNP's Mark Collett last night? That's the class of character we'll have running around causing trouble if something isn't done about immigration and if someone doesn't stand up to the liberals and the lefties ludicrous claims that a multicultural society will be some sort of a utopian paradise. Bear that in mind for this party.

Gee..look at the wonderful little state we have in the most monocultural country in Europe. Bear that in mind too..
    Anyway to the originator of this thread,
    1) Decide what yuor own policies would be ..
    2) See if there is support to set up a party adopting these policies.

This thread is a mishmash of differing views..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I think he's already moved off to some tax haven. 2 weeks and no policies. Sounds like a political party already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Originally posted by jd
    Gee..look at the wonderful little state we have in the most monocultural country in Europe.
    Exactly, how is allowing a load of people who don't even speak english into the country going to improve matters? The problems that exist now will be exacerbated tenfold.

"Exactly, how is allowing a load of people who don't even speak english into the country going to improve matters? The problems that exist now will be exacerbated tenfold."

In case you hadnt noticed, all of these non-english speaking people who work in Mc Donnalds and Burger King, ect are actually helping our economy. If they were not there who would do the work, you? They make their money here and spend their money here, thats good economics. Maybe you just have some racial issues.

Originally posted by The Saint
    In case you hadnt noticed, all of these non-english speaking people who work in Mc Donnalds and Burger King, ect are actually helping our economy. If they were not there who would do the work, you? They make their money here and spend their money here, thats good economics. Maybe you just have some racial issues.
    Yes I have noticed that every time I go into a shop or restaurant (I certainly don't go near mcdonalds) the staff can't speak english. Maybe lefties think it's "cool" but I find it merely irritating. Years ago, we should have cut social welfare to encourage the "working class" wasters on the dole to take these jobs. This would have forced them to earn some self-respect. We would have been nearer to achieving full employment, and taxes could be cut.

No I don't have racial issues. Not so long ago I attacked people who thought it was ok to call blacks "savages".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Turnip
    Exactly, how is allowing a load of people who don't even speak english into the country going to improve matters? The problems that exist now will be exacerbated tenfold.

If the only issue for you is people who can't speak english moving here, your boat has sailed - if sixty million French people wanted to move here in the morning there's nothing you could do about it.

So if you're going to be xenephobic, at least get to the real point. You just don't want black people here, yes?

Originally posted by sceptre

So if you're going to be xenephobic, at least get to the real point. You just don't want black people here, yes?

:rolleyes:

As usual nobody can criticise multiculturalism without being called a racist. Grow up.

• Advertisement

So do you think that all of thr Irish people living abroad should all be shipped back? Do yo think Ireland should be the only monocultural country in the western world?

We do not need to import labour when we have labour available. The problem is that the available labour refuses to work and prefers to leech off the taxpayer.

So why not give the work to people who want to work and do a good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mr White

The Party put up their Nice posters at night to avoid confrontation with others.
    That's quite a scary fact, don't you think?There must be some anti-democratic elements on the loose.Of course,they probably think of themselves as open-minded and tolerant,which makes it OK.:confused:

It's also arguable whether immigration really helps the country at all.Employers benefit from cheap foreign labour,but the effect is to limit wages for their workers,who can always be undercut.Immigration economies like the US in effect have a cap on average wages.Families need two incomes to match what one earner brought in 30 years ago.That's how it goes.

Another downside is the cost of social services for the foreigners,and of course the cultural cost of becoming an alien nation.Tourism is a failing industry because tourists are now served by mumbling foreigners with none of our welcoming nature(if they had,their own countries would be hot tourist destinations).Ireland's appeal is disappearing fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭damien_gill

I agree that Immigration doesn't help our economy.

Personally for me I didnt get a job after a work experience placement with my aforementioned FAS course cos of a foreginer.

Albeit it had to do with him not getting his work permit renewed and that the employer was told by the Dept Trade + Enterprise that he'd basically have to employ me then he'd get a work permit for his other Indian worker (who was an excellent worker BTW).

So out of spite that employer has vowed never to hire anyone from FAS ever again because of that.

And thats how immigration wasn't good for me.
    PLUS I USED TO WORK IN IMMIGRATION AND MY GOD IF YA ALL KNEW HOW MUCH THE GOVERNMENT WERE BEING SCAMMED BY SOME (I AM EMPHASING ONLY SOME) OF THEM THERE WOULD BE LYNCH MOBS ON THE STREETS LOOKING FOR EM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Yet another thread that Mr. White has hijacked to spout his racist propaganda at us once more.

Damien_gill : sorry m8, it was a great thread

Mr_White : You have been told before - you want to discuss your racist ideals, then start a thread about it and see how long you survive. Hijack one more thread like this again, though, and you wont be posting anything here again.

And no, I have no problem calling them racist. The last time Whitey here was asked to defend them as being non-racist, he avoided the issue and went for the old "attack the moderators, freedom of speech, sarcasm over content" fluffage. As far as I am concerned, he is making racist remarks and is one step short of being kicked off this board.

And as pointed out....you wanna prove me wrong White....go start a thread about your "democratic ideals". Please.

Otherwise sit down and shut up. I, for one, have had enough of this crap.

jc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement