Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown device on USB ??

• 22-10-2002 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Having problems getting my Interact Hammerhead Gamepad to work.
    Havent used it in a while so dont know when the problem occured.

I bought a powered USB hub to accomadate a lot of USB devices ,everything works ,mouse ,keyboard ,flashcard ,printer modem except gamepad.

It did work its plugged into one of the slots and in device manager it shows as Unknown Device.
    I tried updating driver and pointing it manually to the INF file but nada.
    I removed it and rebooted and added it and rebooted nada.

It used to work perfectly and was always plugged in i dont know if its dead since the i added the USB powered hub or before or after.

Anyone any ideas :)

Thx
    Kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

usb.jpg

What sandra says about it .

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

1. use windowsupdate to locate the correct driver (.inf) data

or

2. Remove from system control panel, reboot and see if plugnplay will do its thing and reinstall clean

M

tried that ,even thought it was my USB mouse as the pad should show as a HID so put the mouse into PS2 port.
    The Gamepad lit up on boot (it has lights) and then got same crap in device manager :(

Kdja

got it working removed DSL modem and placed Pad directly into PC and modem into hub works fine now :)

kdja

Advertisement