Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ige.ie

• 22-10-2002 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

we finally have some webspace curtosy of robbb_mm, expect the site up in the next few days [if winters gets off his arse:rolleyes: ]

more than likly www.ige.ie [php i think...]

any1 interested bout addin material to the site contact winters post haste.

irc : #ige.ie :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.modtheater.com use what ever you want just credit the authors :)

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well, (Stickey L here at dNC) the site is finished and ready to go .... ill just make a page so i can add additional admins and stuff. I will also be adding members who can keep the news, downloads updated aswell as being able to add links and tutorials. Later ill be working on the site to limit members abilitys to only adding news etc......... that will come later :D

Site is still totally in ASP though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

i am cashflow + i am hosting = i am god

i like that equation...

unfortunatly, the domain name ige.(anything) is taken by the Idaho development establishment or something similiarly anal, so for the moment we can only host at robertmunnelly.com (less flattering than it really should be, i know...)
    we're trying to work out the kink in this problem, but until the suggestions for the site name are WELCOME!

the site, for people who dinna kno, is Irish Game Editing.
    work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 manic1

how about rearrange the letters instead of ige have it gei
    games editing ireland
    or
    ed-it ireland

ieg
    gei
    gie
    eig
    egi

none of those are attractive, so it may well be IrishGameEditing or something like it.
    Anyway, the site is still largely content free. but it should be up there by monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

How about game-ed.ie or something?

if winters had renewed itf we could have fit the title around those letters, don't ask me how.
    (I know from experience if you post a statement like that up on boards you will get 250 posts with 250 different explanations and the unaminous view that you are an idiot.)
    But anyway the bill is paid, i got the net back at home and we'll have it in about 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

: www.ige.ie is now offically up and running :

well www.robertmunnelly.com is up and running, but its the same thing, feedback on the site is appreciated, and suggestions e-mail me, robbb_mm or winters.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

www.ige.ie doesn't seem to work.

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    : www.ige.ie is now offically up and running :

well www.robertmunnelly.com is up and running, but its the same thing,

uh, maybe i didnt make this clear. the official name of the site is www.ige.ie , but as this was already taken, the web space provider [robbb_mm] in a fit of egotism made the url www.robertmunnelly.com,.....

SO! www.ige.ie is temporarily [url]www.robertmunnelly.com.:rolleyes:[/url]

• Advertisement

shut up, im not egotistical, just great!

****in' deadly in fact...

graham, i need you to send me my password (again)

For those of u who have and wish to add content to the site, login as Username : Guest , Password : Guest.

this is temporary until winters makes a proper member section.

Jimmy
    :)

Allright, yes. Found my first bug with the coding :(

you cannot seem to be able to edit a download. It will add and delete grand but the download cannot be edited. Rest of the stuff seems to work grand though :)

The admin site will be better soon. Im working on better scripts for them where admins will be limited in what they can do. As in only add news or only add downloads and not give them totally free access to all sections.

The username to get into the admin part of the site is: Guest and the password is: guest. DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD ETC. I have setup the "public" account so the Game Editing board can add what downloads they wish. Once the admin scetion is updated you will be able to have your own username etc. If you want your own username contact me with your username and password and ill give you an account.

IGE :: Irish Game Editing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

nice one winters, I'll add some nice downloads now... i'm at college and b0red of my nut :p

Got some free hosting for us for files and downloads with unlimited bandwidth at lycos for a while until i find a nice big free host for us :)

Username: irishgameediting1
    Password: admins

Login here: www.tripod.co.uk

Click on WEBftp to upload through your browser or use the ftp at: ftp.members.lycos.co.uk . FTP password and username is same as above.

URL is: http://members.lycos.co.uk/irishgameediting1/

Upload the files into the respective directorys. To upload. Click the + beside the directory and let the directory load. Then click on uplaod button. Select the files and click on upload.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I feel so left out, you know, not being made a "Member of Staff" and all... Anyway, looks nice (Love the fading roll over links).

Will add a few bits and bobs when I get them from home!

Allright ... updated the admins page to v2.1

Updates fixed the bug that made it unable to edit downlaods. :)

On next update: v2.2 im working on:
    • Include file system for tutorials - Include a .txt file on the page thats hosted on the tripod server
    • Admins - Make it easier to add admins. Feature only avelable to selected users.
    • Bug Fixes - Any remaining bug fixes not fixed in v2.1. (Just spotted that you are unable to remove downloads)

I hope to get this done this weekend then start work on v3.0 :)

and Rope, PM me what username ans password you want and ill add it to the database.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I won't be requesting anything until I have something valid to upload / post. I don't want anyone to think that I just want to apply so that I have another nick on the bedpost.

As I said, once I get things from home, thats when I'll start bleeting! Cheers anyhow.

Advertisement