Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic Div?

Options
  • 23-10-2002 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

just a thought,

In CSS you can assign <Div>s to sections of the page and then have text or pictures fill that area from an external file. (that right?)

So, is there any way to change which content is shown in a Div without too much fuss. ie. one webpage where the <div> content reference changes depending on qhich link is clicked.

If that can be done, what would it take to link this to a password/login so that user A can technically get completely different content from user B?

just a random musing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

I think it can be done, with the use of JavaScript, I've definitely seen it been done, although using text boxes, not actually text. I think you'd run in compatibility issues with Nutscrape, the new Mozilla is pretty sweet, and IE set the bar.

Advertisement