Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

80's cartoons

• 23-10-2002 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

come on ppl revisit friday afternoon of your childhood and dare to tell me you didnt love defenders of the earth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Eh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Did kick ass alright!!

Prefered Transformers and He-Man

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Err NO!:) a weak one from Marvel when compared to others out at the time ie. MASK, Thundercats, Centurians, Ulysses 21, D&D and Yes transformers was another good cartoon.(God we were spoilt for choice back then!)

Take a look at the Big Cartoon Database

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Ulysses 31, if i may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    Ulysses 31, if i may.

LOL:D It was well over 15 years ago I last watched an episode and i was working from memory with the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

The 80's were fantastic for quality cartoons .... Mask, Thunder Cats, Brave Star, Centurions, Danger Mouse, Dungeons and Dragons, Jayce and the wheeled warriors, Transformers, Ulysses 31, etc etc. The list goes on and on. The crap they have on TV for kids these days is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Dungeons and Dragons & Ulysses 31. OMG I had completly forgotten about those 2... rush of memories come back.

Remember spiderman (the cartoon and the series) I used to love that. Also Scooby Doo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by JessieG
    come on ppl revisit friday afternoon of your childhood and dare to tell me you didnt love defenders of the earth
    i have the theme tune in my head just can't picture it... :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

dare to tell me you didnt love defenders of the earth

I didn't love defenders of the earth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

He-Man and the Thundercats were my favourite 80's cartoons

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    He-Man and the Thundercats were my favourite 80's cartoons

Yeah they were great! IIRC, He-man's enemy was Skeletor or something like that!

I vaguely remember Ulyssess 31 too. Didnt they go to ancient places or something?

Anyone remember Dogtanian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

Ulyssess 31 ahhhh it used to be on sunday morning and the only way you could see it was if you didnt go to 11.oo mass but it was ok cos the fact he looked like jesus made you feel less guilty...and lest we forget....Sparticus and the sun beneth the sea....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Master of magic .. and illusion enemies tumble in fear and confusion..... Mandrake... Defenders of the earth...

Cracking opening music :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Master of magic .. and illusion enemies tumble in fear and confusion..... Mandrake... Defenders of the earth...

Cracking opening music :D
    yeah that's it!! i loved that show :)

/me downloads theme tune

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Anyone remember Dogtanian?

i remember that. Dogtanian and the 3 musketeers. the music at the start really annoyed me

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i remember that. Dogtanian and the 3 musketeers. the music at the start really annoyed me

It was Dogtanian and the 3 Muskahounds! Yeah the music was rubbish. Another cartoon which must have been done by same cartoonists was Arond the World with Willy Fog (all dogs and wolves etc)

Another springs to mind - "Once upon a time..." :)

Anyway, back to Ulysses31

http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/ulysses31/index.html

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

It was Dogtanian and the 3 Muskahounds! Yeah the music was rubbish.

The music really was crap. They were singing something like "one for all and all for one..." but it sounded more like "woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof.."

Arond the World with Willy Fog

i cringe when i say i used to watch that

i was easily amused and still am

• Advertisement
Advertisement