Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SInger wanted-

• 23-10-2002 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

As the icon suggests, I am getting bored saying this, and now that "DAVE" has posted an ad almost identical to the one I posted about two months ago looking for a singer, I am going to sound plagueristic-

Here goes (ahem):

WANTED: MALE SINGER TO SING IN COVERS/ORIGINALS BAND WITH INFLUENCES RANGING FROM HENDRIX/ZEPPLIN/FLOYD/BEATLES/STONES/CHILI'S/COLDPLAY AND ANY OTHER KICK ASS MOTHAF***ER BAND YOU CAN THINK OF. MUST HAVE GOOD MID TO HIGH END VOCALS AS THE INFLUENCES SUGGEST.

There has got to be someone in the audience somewhere, somehow based Dublin south with their own transport that fits the bill or has everyone got Mic shy or joined a boy band? The scurge, the scurge. As you can see I am lamenting the fact that for six solid months we havent found a singly iota of a singer- not a crumb of the big bread loaf of singers out there. Oh you have looked, I know you have and if I knew who you were I could point a finger but alas; none have come forward to accept the challenge of singing in the best (I do mean it) musically talented band this side of Neptune.

If fit the profile, answers on a return postcard please to the usual address coming up now.................Michael 087 416 9469

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You see, joining a good band is a bit like falling in love. As soon as it happens, about 20 similar offers come along. Before the boards band was started, finding a band who I could sing with was a pain in the ass. Now we've gotten started, and this is maybe the 4th(?) ad posted on boards that fits me perfectly :D
    Ah well, happy hunting...I'd help you, but our band is too promising to ditch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SomeFink

i love u kell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Boards band is too promising to join another one? Hmm .Seems you never even jam together,I was at the first ,well I wouldnt call it 'jam' seen as there were guys with clipboards (i think) marking people. keep on rockin with nickelback covers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

"Seems you never even jam together,I was at the first ,well I wouldnt call it 'jam' seen as there were guys with clipboards (i think) marking people. keep on rockin with nickelback covers"

I have to laugh Mr. 19 year old student from Kildare. When exactly did you jam with us? With a slight of mouth as bad as your own I would have thought that your playing would be similarly onerous- I dont recall any clipboards either.

Thanks for the love message from SomeFink and also Seamus's enlightened words. Are you gigging Seamus?

And there's another thing too- 27 views, less the people I paid, that leaves about 23 and only three replies. Whats the story? I thought the Irish public were outspoken moaners that had an opinion on everything. I dont know- there's no hope for you all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Best of luck in your search for a singer. Our band is also lookin for a singer! It's hopeless... almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Funktastic was the Stand-in Drummer at the Boards Band Audtitions, and thats what he was talking about, and MY GOD was there people with clip boards.

Boards Auditions- clipboards for scoring people on a 1-10?? Is their a rogue Popstars influence here or something? Sad thing about it is I can sing (apparantly quite well too) but I dont fancy quitting the drums just yet and I cant sing and drum at the same time- anyone else in that predicament?

Dr. Loon- you're a drummer aren't you? Fancy dumpin your band and joining us? I'll do a Phil Collins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yeah there were clipboards alright, id love to know what score i got!

Originally posted by Kell

Dr. Loon- you're a drummer aren't you? Fancy dumpin your band and joining us? I'll do a Phil Collins.

I am indeed a drummer, but no, I won't be leaving my band. Although the Phil Collins gig sounds good. We could do a VS. thing. Like Buddy Rich VS Gene Krupa!!

Bombidol, I'm glad to see you've quoted me in your sig. It's about time someone noticed my superior wit. :D

• Advertisement

I am more of a John Bonham meself Dr.

Originally posted by Kell
    I am more of a John Bonham meself Dr.

Nothin wrong with that.
    So it seems there was a lack of drummers there a while ago, and now nobody can find a singer!!? What's goin' on? I think I might have to steal somebody else's singer :D

Advertisement