Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work questions ....

• 23-10-2002 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Okay folks 2 questions for ye all.....

If you are on the dole, what is the max number of hours you can work, or max weekly salary you can expext so that u can still claim some of your dole money.. I think I remember it being 16hrs a week...... any answers ?

If you are registered as a sole trader and you cant get any work.... or things arent going your way, are you entitled to sign on social welfare ??

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by paddyc
    If you are on the dole, what is the max number of hours you can work, or max weekly salary you can expext so that u can still claim some of your dole money.. I think I remember it being 16hrs a week...... any answers ?
    I suspectt it is 20 hours, but you will need to check. Essentially you would be paid only the balance (or some similar figure) between actual income and the nominal benefit level.
    Originally posted by paddyc
    If you are registered as a sole trader and you cant get any work.... or things arent going your way, are you entitled to sign on social welfare ??
    Yes and no. The 3% PRSI rate for the self employed does not cover unemployemtn benefits. Your benefits will depend on when you were last employed and how many full PRSI contributions you have made (more than 60,000 people are in this position). You might be entitled to Supplementary Welfare Benefit (SWA) if things are that bad. Talk to your local DSW office - they are a lot more customer friendly these days and / or check out http://portal.welfare.ie/index.xml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

cheers victor

Advertisement