Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb isdn problem

• 23-10-2002 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi,I just wondered if anyone can advise on connection problem i am having.Last week i put in isdn wisecom 128k modem in a friends computer but it will not connect,only giving 629 error saying disconnected from remote server!I am dialling 1891150150 and also 4900501 but no good.i have tried both isdn ports on box and also in dial up config in properties.question,should i be able to see usb modem in modem under control panel?any help would be appreciated.cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

One thing to check is the RJ45 cable going from the TA to the ISDN box... I had a dodgy one shipped with a brand new TA... took about a week to track the problem down, the cable was the last thing I suspected.
    There may be some diagnostic tools on the drivers CD... some loop-back test or other, which will rule out the possibility of incorrect settings or ISP trouble.
    Short of removing and re-installing the TA drivers, you could contact eircom(?) and ask them to check it out on their end.
    There's also a little switch on the underside of the ISDN wall-box that alters (something or other) for troubleshooting purposes (see ISDN box manual).... It didn't make any difference for me anyway.
    You could always return it for a PCI model (if all else fails)... I had a USB TA before and the latency was terrible (80-100ms), bought a PCI one for half the price and it took me down to 50ms.

Are you sure the numbers you're dialing actually support ISDN?

(*TA = terminal adapter = ISDN modem, incase you're wondering)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

thanks for your reply,santahoe,but should i able to see usb modem and do diagnostic like a ordinary pci modem under control panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Hi kmb

Unless your 1891 access account is already set up for ISDN, it won't allow you to connect.
    Were you using a 56k modem previously to connect?
    If so, this is more than likely your problem.

R

Advertisement