Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Modder seeking bold challenges !

Options
  • 23-10-2002 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Very very soon I will begin my first mod on my case. After months of sitting back saying I'd never do it, I've decided to go ahead with it.

Now I've got a few ideas, but I'm looking for suggestions for mods that haven't been done before, unique, like the "Caffiene Machine"! I'll throw down a few of my ideas here and please reply with some of your own ideas, or cool mods.

- Stained glass window, that opens for easy access to internal parts.
    - 2 part case split, this is a bit tricky but the idea is that half my case will fold out for easy access to the motherboard for easy of upgrading and picking up bits of melted processor :D
    - Cigarette lighter and pull out ash tray. (out of a car). I think this has been done before but it's a cool idea.
    - Water cooling system with cow's blood! (for that gory effect) Of course the logistics of this have grown way too complicated, it will rot etc, and chances are I'll catch a disease, so I'm probably going to use stage blood.

I've a few more but I'll wait for a few ideas to spring up before I post them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Altheus

- Stained glass window, that opens for easy access to internal parts.

Nice idea, a window with a door basically i guess

- 2 part case split, this is a bit tricky but the idea is that half my case will fold out for easy access to the motherboard for easy of upgrading and picking up bits of melted processor :D

Like the Li Lians with a removable mobo tray?

- Water cooling system with cow's blood! (for that gory effect) Of course the logistics of this have grown way too complicated, it will rot etc, and chances are I'll catch a disease, so I'm probably going to use stage blood.

You can get red dye which dyes the water and makes it look like bloody.
    It also protects the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

The window is stained glass, custom designed.

Sort of like the Lian Li mobo tray, except, completely hand crafted by me, it's not going to be a tray either, it'll be on a pneumatic that makes it slow slide down, and click shut.

I'm well aware of using red dye, but it looks nothing like blood, The idea for the blood was to have a sort of "waterfall" running on the front of the case so you can easily see the water running. (and to make it seem the thing has a pulse running thru it)

Anyway, there is no need for your negativity, considering most people consider attached a few blue LEDs, a cathode and a window to their PCs "modding". The reason I posted was to try and get ideas other people arent able or willing to do, so maybe the case would be somewhat original, and generally just to spur on my own ideas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Anyway, there is no need for your negativity,

What?!?

I said the stained glass idea was nice idea.
    I asked if it was like the LL case
    And you said you wanted to watercool your pc so i gave a suggestion to use red dye.

Nothing negative.

Also maybe use a high concentration of the dye to give a deeper shade of red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Sorry for the instant lash-out, I thought perhaps you were taking the piss out of me, as sometimes long time posters do. What u said seemed to be something like, "yeah, and....." to me. Sry bout that.

Any way, I've seen the red dyes in action, and I dont really like the way they look, too much makes it look like a maroon jelly. The stage blood has a thickener, which I'm not sure will block up the tubing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Have a built-in soda stream! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Too much of that dye hampers performance anyway , i like the uv die tho , i seen a case with the watrer running down the side if it and it looks prity cool .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Would the case split be like the apples but with a pneumatic system? that would be really nice.

Bit of a mad idea but what if you could control the speed of the pump and make a circuit so that you get a pulse. Then if you had a res it would spurt as it returned to the res. As I said mad! Well more like criminally insane.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ironape

I've always wanted to do one of those completely submerged in non-conductive fluid ones.

Thought just occured(rare): get two aluminum boxes, stack them on top of each other. Bottom one holds cd, hd, floppy...etc, top one mobo, psu?, pci cards (so heat can rise from top). Fill top one with non-conductive fluid and have a slow moving, big fan or something(about the width of the box) moving the fluid around slowly. Slap some heat sinks on the side(or top) of top box. The bottom case need only be the height of a cdrom and the top the height of mobo + pci card so it would be close to the size of a normal case. Throw in some plexiglass windows here and there and some case lighting :)

No need for fans. Very quiet. stupid idea? perfect for DVD/DivX/mp3 player as part of home stereo/tv thingy.

Ape

Advertisement