Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guys are confusing

• 23-10-2002 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

so i was out on my birthday, and i was fairly drunk. i met a guy i vaguely know(friend of a friend kind of thing) and i admitted i thought he was really cute to the friend i was out with, who it turns out, actually knows him alot better. so she brought him over and we started chatting, but the alcohol had me feeling a little dizzy, so he said he'd leave me alone, and talk to me some other time. i went over and sat down by my friends, and he came over and started talking to my friend who he knows, and apparently he was very insistent that i got his number, i heard him say it myself a couple of times. then on the way out he kissed me on the cheek. i tried to text him but when i called my friend it turns out she mixed up the digits when giving me the number. he was there at the time, and i chatted with him for a minute, apologising about my inability to chat coherently, he said it was no problem, and gave the phone back to my friend...
    so here's me thinking yay, this really cute guy likes me...
    but then nothing.
    nothing further was said on the situation and i never got his proper number.
    id feel stupid about bringing this up with my friend, so i was just wondering if the guys could offer any insight as to why he seemed really interested, but then nothing happened?
    (and in case you're wondering, no he actually wasn't drunk the night i met him)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

woa, ur in no position to judge lady, women r the most ****ed up creatures on this planet [yes even moreso than gordon]. there cud b a number of reasons for his non-agressive nature. he is really shy, he has a girlfriend etc..... im feeling a bit lazy at the moment so ill leave u to ponder the rest of the reasons.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Just get his proper number and send him a txt.. or better yet ring him... otherwise how is he to know you got the wrong number and therefore try to get in contact with you instead?
    He'll probably just assume you weren't that interested and leave it at that rather than make a fool of himself by trying and trying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    [yes even moreso than gordon]
    Weh!:(
    Hmmm, I guess you're right actually in thinking about it, I am fairly farked in many ways!

blueskies, just speak to your friend if you can, who cares how it looks. He must be nice if you are interested in him so go for it, she may be able to get in touch with him some way. (what Kali said)

I have done far worse than that in my past (I presume jimeatsmenu must know :D). I have phoned a number of people, randomly, at a certain tv station to find the "girl of my night" one day. It worked and I went out with her that weekend. (didnt go any further but it was a cool experience on going for what you want).

go for it, what have you to lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Your alarm should have been ringing when he did not try and take advantage of your drunken state. tbh he should have had you down an alley bent over with your knickers around your ankles.

Maybe he is just Chivalrous?? Not every guy is like that, at least im not anyway. And as Kali said, he may not know you have the wrong number!! He may be waiting for you to call since he does not have your number (or does he?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

its not a fake number, it just got lost in the translation (male to female)
    you got his number (in thoery) and the guy feels its your turn to make a move on HIM, otherwise he thinks he'd be coming on 2 strong. it's like a monopoly game, if you take 2 go's in a row, people start to question 2 thing... a) just how badly it seems you want to win and b) your ability to follow the most basic rules of a really very simply game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Kali
    Just get his proper number and send him a txt.. or better yet ring him... otherwise how is he to know you got the wrong number and therefore try to get in contact with you instead?

He's probably waiting for your call. Since you haven't called, he might think he was too pushy, and that you think he was trying to take advantage of you while drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    tbh he should have had you down an alley bent over with your knickers around your ankles.

Mercury tilt, you kill me- Anyway, perhaps he seemed more interested in you than you thought because you were s*** faced. He maybe thought he would like a coherent conversation with you when you were sober, hence the number swapping thing. Either that or he was gay and needed someone to come out of the closet to. If that were me, you'd be in the jaxx with your smalls around your ears.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

HE'S BANGING YOUR FRIEND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Evil Jose

HES BANGING YOUR FRIEND

Its sad but more than likely its true. Think about it, they are pretty good friends and yet she doesnt know his number? How do you know that she didnt give the wrong number on purpose to keep you away from her man????

Methinks your friend is having it away with your cutie. . . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

tbh he should have had you down an alley bent over with your knickers around your ankles.
    Originally posted by Kell

If that were me, you'd be in the jaxx with your smalls around your ears.
    Originally posted by pickarooney

HE'S BANGING YOUR FRIEND!

Awww... there ya go!!! :)

... and they say romance is dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Your friend asked him to come over on the first night. He thought to himself 'grand, I'm in here'. When he realised you were pissed he reckoned he wasn't going to get his end away as you both have the same friend and he didn't want to p*** her off. At that point he lost interest in you but had to stay and talk anyway. He gave a false number as a means of ending your chat so he could move on to another girl. He probably didn't try and give you the number a few times it was just your drunk halucinations.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Look, women obsess about the right amount of time to wait before phoning. What it means if he does, what it means if he doesnt.

Guys, well guys are a lot more straight forward. If he doesnt phone, hey maybe he forgot!

Women: "Does his phoning me mean he likes me? He waited three days, is that significant? He *did* use his own pen to write his number down for me..."

Men: "Cool, the Simpsons are on."

Anyway, get the number from your mate and you phone him! Why should guys have to be the ones to always take all the risks. You want him to date you. You phone him?
    Afraid he'll reject you? Welcome to equality dear :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

is the only reply I have to this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

you think guys are confusing.....

knobs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

you get the picture :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Oh man that's lame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Get his number and give him a call, you can talk about this and that and the other possibility, at the end of the day, I think he's waiting for a phone call. Give em a ring, gwan :)

Ask your other friend straight out, I mean is it so bad to want to be with someone? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by DeVore

Guys, well guys are a lot more straight forward. If he doesnt phone, hey maybe he forgot!

Women: "Does his phoning me mean he likes me? He waited three days, is that significant? He *did* use his own pen to write his number down for me..."

Men: "Cool, the Simpsons are on."

Exactly.
    Girls, take note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Graemo

I'd have to go with the "He's banging your friend" angle. Or at least he want's to.
    There's that funny old situation called "Keep the ugly mate cool" it's a way of getting the good looking one to find out your a nice guy etc. which she does upon first trip to the toilet. (see thread in after hours)
    Then when you've lulled them both into a "comfortable with you" type of vibe YOU STRIKE. leaving them to spend days analiseing the wreckage.
    Rather like your doing now.
    The big question is ...Which one are you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement