Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News on negotiations with eircom & esat re FRIACO

Options
  • 23-10-2002 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    We've all read the full page ads from esat
    we've heard all the talk. Or "lack of it" as
    esat would kindly point out.

Does anyone know at what stages
    the negotiations are at? Have eircom
    been obtructive again? Are esat
    making a proper go of it this time ?
    Anyone with any info care to fill us in ?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

The latest is that things are progressing surprisingly well. Two sets of negotiations that are on-going at the moment. EsatBT are negotiating at one table with Eircom and Nevada Tele.com are in negotiations at another table with Eircom - bi-lateral talks were the only ones that Eircom would agree to . They were happy to have an industry wide discussion, but that would have been dragged out for even longer I fear!

They began in July. One camp is suggesting that they wil have the negotiations completed in January paving the way for a Spring release.

I will do my best to get some official word on the matter, from the negotiating parties. Both parties appear to be making a proper go of it this time around!

David Long

Chairman IrelandOffline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Great stuff!

It'll be interesting to see what
    they're official line on it is ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Any indication about pricing yet... Will it be similar to pricing offered in the UK (i.e. around 20 euros a month)? PM me, I will not disclose any details. Just interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Esat have said in the press they are aiming for under €35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sax0000

Originally posted by Dangger
    Esat have said in the press they are aiming for under €35.

Is there going to be a price per channel for ISDN users? I sometimes have to fire up my fractional ISDN PRA to get the speeds I need. It would be nice to be able to purchase flat rate for a specified number of channels.

sax0000

• Advertisement
Advertisement