Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zsnes jerky

• 23-10-2002 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Having a bit of trouble with Zsnes ,keeps jerking up mainly on ISS.

Running it in 1024 with Xp Pro and Geforce 3.

Anyone have issues with this??

Kdja

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

yeah I'm having problems under v1.36 so i decided to give snes9x a go and it's working at full speed...Don't know whats goin on. I'd say dropin the resolution down a bit would prob solve the issue your havin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

1024 is a bit overkill anyway, all the resolutions look the same above tv resolution anyway. As far as your problem goes, i think its a geforce thing, he fixed some issues a few releases back which specific geforce cards, but obviously not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gonna try and drop the res, havent had any other probelms with other games tho havent played them all yet :)

Btw isnt Super Ghouls And Ghosts the hardest game ever made.

Damn water :(

Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

zsnes i find is the best all rounder - but snes9x might play some games better

still i reckon like bugs said you should lower the res - considering that 640x480 is more than tv res :)

Originally posted by kdja

Btw isnt Super Ghouls And Ghosts the hardest game ever made.

Damn water :(

Yes it is:D It's still an excellent game but it can litterly drive you insane, resulting in lots of shouting at your monitor/TV. I actually managed to finish it on the C64(No easy feat) and of course you can always fire up FBA for the arcade version and use the cheats;)

• Advertisement

Cheats nah

The zsnes thing has a cheat option but i wouldnt cheat in a game thats just plain fun doesnt rely on fancy intro movies or grat graphics or a FIFA licence to sell.

Just fun tho i got all the european roms for Snes and there is only one Ghouls and Ghosts game ,Didnt Ghosts and Goblins come on Snes over here??

Or was that US only??

Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

ghosts and goblins was the prequal to ghouls and ghosts. it may hav come out on the nes but no the snes.

anyway kdja, i think you should know what did or did not come out on the snes in europe :)

I've had a look at Super Ghouls n ghosts and it's actually considered the third game in the series. It has different weapons and levels to any previous games and is even harder then the arcade original!! They've realised it on GBA but at least thats got a save function:) Heres some screens i took from VisualBoyAdvance
    gnggba.jpg
    gnggba2.jpg

anyway kdja, i think you should know what did or did not come out on the snes in europe

Allegdley 421 games made it to Snes in Europe and 621 to US.
    Wonder how the Japs and the Others got on ;)

Kdja

Played the arcade version of ghouls and ghosts, and after about a week (without save state or cheats) i managed to get to the second last level, defeat the boss there and then got this cutscene where the king talks to you and tells you that you can't hurt hades without "the power", and then the princess yakks on for a bit.....basically they send you back to the first level again. So i thought it had just upped the difficulty or something and played thru again. Got to the same place, same result, decided it was one of those things designed to steal your money in the arcade and i'm NEVER playing it again :P

I did see shots of the arcade ending on gamemuseum.com but buggered if i know how they did it.

• Advertisement

To finish the game you need the "Psycho Cannon" (fireball) which you get from the second chest as a weapon on the first level the second time around, then it's a simple matter of whooping lucifer........
    Ending1 (No fireball)
    arcadegng4.jpg
    Then throws you back to level one to get fireball as described above

Ending2 (Got fireball and beatin lucifer)
    arcadegng1.jpg
    arcadegng2.jpg
    arcadegng3.jpg

Then it gives you a rundown on all the different creatures, how many points they're worth and the levels they feature on.
    The End

I'm still refusing to play it ever again :)
    I did notice the princess saying something about a chest but it wasn't made that clear and considering 90% of the time when you pop a chest, you get either the annoying magician or a stupid weapon like the blue flame, i just steered clear of them. Get the daggers and never open one again :)

Advertisement