Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Soccer @3pm on Saturdays

• 24-10-2002 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Please help me compile my list of pubs around the country showing soccer at 3pm on Saturdays from the foreign satellite channels-C+NORDIC,C+ZAP,Futbol Total MS....etc

LIMERICK CITY
    Nestors
    Clohessey's

LIMERICK COUNTY
    Johnny Bobs, Abbeyfeale

looking for your team then you can find it here http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

And what are you going to do with the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

cherno's house...drinks on meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Are u sure its Daffy, sounds more like Donald to me (i swear I was not there)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

This was taken under advisement and is now revised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

While tempted to take it down (technically ye_should_nae_be_looking) it might not be the biggest or cleverest thing to put up on a public forum a list of pubs that show Premiership on Saturday afternoons from Scandinavian satellites.

They'll come a knockin' I tells ye....

I'll allow it... just!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

PLease tell me where i can see this in Dublin. I live in Dun Laoghaire and want to see the Spurs match this weekend.

I knew Scotts in Dun Laoghaire used to show them but i don't think they do anymore. I went to the Duke in Temple Bar but i am 17 and the bouncer was being a bouncer and i didn't get in.

So please any advice??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

While tempted to take it down (technically ye_should_nae_be_looking) it might not be the biggest or cleverest thing to put up on a public forum a list of pubs that show Premiership on Saturday afternoons from Scandinavian satellites.

They'll come a knockin' I tells ye....

I'll allow it... just!
    ==============================================

Yes.......Sky have a habit of visiting such establishments.....though does anyone know what exactly is the legal position if a pub has taken out a legal subscription....can they do anything about it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

I think it's in their terms and conditions that if they catch the pub showing matches from encrypted channels they can revoke their sky subscription. So I don't think the pubs will be too happy having a list here for anyone to see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

But say hypothetically, if the pub is using a non-sky motorised system without a sky card-then surely it cant be illegal for them to show the matchs and who would be responsible anyway for enforcing the law on the matter?
    granted most pubs do have sky but all I know have seperate decoders for the other satellites.

BTW
    this Saturday 26th Oct

Liverpool vs Spurs C+ Nordic
    Arsenal vs Blackburn C+ Zap
    Ipswich vs Gillingham TV4 Sweden

ART SPORT

Satellite : Arabsat 2A 26E Frequency : 12.563H SR2700 3/4 Encryption System : Irdeto 2 Availability of Cards : Official Only LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League: Yes English Commentary : Yes

CANAL+ BLAUW

Satellite : Astra 19.2E 1G/1H Frequency : 12.515H SR2200 5/6 Encryption System : Irdeto/Seca Availability of Cards : Official/Pirate LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No English Commentary : No

CANAL+ NORWAY

Satellite : Thor 2 Intelsat 1W Frequency : 11.278V SR24500 7/8 Encryption System : Conax Availability of Cards : Official/Pirate LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No English Commentary : No

CANAL+ NIEBIESKI

Satellite : Hotbird 13E Frequency : 10.892H SR27500 3/4 Encryption System: Seca 2 Availability of Cards : Official LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No English Commentary : No

CANAL+ ZAP

Satellite : Thor 2 Intelsat 1W Frequency : 11.278V SR24500 7/8 Encryption System : Conax Availability of Cards : Official/Pirate LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No English Commentary : No

FUTBOL TOTAL

Satellite : Hispasat 1A/B/C 30W Frequency : 11.771V SR2700 3/4 Encryption System : Nagravision Availability of Cards : Official/Pirate LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League :No English Commentary : No

PREMIERE SPORT

Satellite : Astra 19.2E Frequency : Various ???? Encryption System : Betacrypt Availability of Cards : Official/Pirate LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No LIVE Champions League : Yes English Commentary : Yes

RTL 5

Satellite : Astra 19.2E Frequency : 12.344H 27500 3/4 Encryption System : Irdeto/Seca Availability of Cards : Official/Pirate LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No English Commentary : No

SUPERSPORT 1/2

Satellite : Hotbird 13E 111 Frequency : Various Encryption System : Irdeto 2 Availability of Cards : Official LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No English Commentary : Yes

TELE+ NERO

Satellite : Hotbird 13E Frequency : 12.034V 27500 3/4 Encryption System : Seca 2 Availability of Cards : Official LIVE FA Premiership League : Yes LIVE Nationwide League : No LIVE Champions League : No English Commentary : Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

How might one go about getting this setup at home ? Is it expensive ? Do you need a motorised dish ? I'd quite like to watch Man Utd every Sat. We never appricate things until there gone like RTE2 showing games a few years ago .:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by cupthehand
    But say hypothetically, if the pub is using a non-sky motorised system without a sky card-then surely it cant be illegal for them to show the matchs and who would be responsible anyway for enforcing the law on the matter?

Its in Sky's interest to invoke the law. Sky don't have the rights to show matches at 3pm on a Saturday, because that's when the majority of matches kick-off, and its a long standing agreement to not show matches at these times (affects gate at the stadiums etc.) That's why you get 12 noon on Saturday kick-offs on Sky Sports. If more pubs did show these games on Saturday 3pm, then that devalues the £1.1bn stg Sky paid for the rights to the Premier League, less people will watch Sunday games in the pub and in turn Sky loose highly profitable revenue from the pubs. Sky would sooner have us watching the games at home, but a satellite rig-up for just this purpose is out of the lay-mans reach.

<Grey area warning> If a sub, to say, Canal+ Norway, and a sub is being paid directly to them, its as legal has having an Irish Sky sub abroad. </Grey area warning> What is clear cut is if they have got dodgy cards from dodgy dealers, that's wholly illegal.

For reference, watch The Simpsons episode where Homer steals cable TV. :)

Also, if anything, the list you provide just serves the purpose of who shows what across Europe.

Illegal pirate cards-o god no-I would never promote such a thing....!
    As regards getting the set up at home-unless ur a recent lotto winner forget about it mate and keep an eye on this thred for your local!

Does not take a lotto win to get such a system, all you need is receiver with CI slot, 80cm dish/lnb, seca cam module and viewing card.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Just a question...

I know that in the UK Sky vigrously enforces the law jointly with the English FA to prevent pubs and clubs showing Premiership games on 3pm on Sunday afternoons - there's been quite a few cases over the years. But is this the case in the Republic, where Sky aren't "regulated", and they only operate to basically take the cash and run. Surely there is nothing stopping landlords using grey market cards in the south to view these games provided that the recipient has been paid (under EU directives) and that the broadcaster is not aware of the card being used outside of it's given terriority. Perhaps someone can clarify this?

AFAIK no publican has been taken to task over this issue in ROI

Tony

this Saturday -2nd November- its
    C+ZAP -Liverpool vs West Ham
    C+NORDIC -Man Utd vs Southhampton
    TV4 SWEDEN -Watford vs Wolves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I agree, that listing pubs who are offering this service is a bad idea. News gets around anyway. Most regional towns have at least one pub showing live Premiership football on Saturdays at 3pm.

If anyone is interested, here are the matches scheduled to be shown by these Norwegian channels for the next couple of weeks:

9 November
    C+ ZAP Middlesbrough VS Liverpool
    C+ Nordic Arsenal VS Newcastle

16 November
    C+ ZAP Chelsea VS Middlesbrough
    C+ Nordic Arsenal VS Spurs

For more up to date info, check out the brilliant site http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/

Happy viewing! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Shamrok
    9 November
    C+ ZAP Middlesbrough VS Liverpool
    C+ Nordic Arsenal VS Newcastle

16 November
    C+ ZAP Chelsea VS Middlesbrough
    C+ Nordic Arsenal VS Spurs

thank god for Canal+ Nordic and my local pub who has it. i thought i was in for an Arsenal drought :)

Bit as has been voiced on this board-no one knows what exactly is the current status regarding soccer on Saturdays being shown live-and as has been pointed pointed out about Sky what juristiction do they have to enforce what people can watch once the cards have been obtained legally

• Advertisement

Originally posted by cupthehand
    what juristiction do they have to enforce what people can watch once the cards have been obtained legally

They have not..you cannot watch the channels period.
    You are not allowed sell a viewing card cross border unless you gain the rights from the EU with no objection from other providers.

Sky were forced to allow Canal/Telepiu to show games on saturday (so we can pretend there is no monopoly) but in return they cannot sell the viewing cards anywhere but country X.

Also the viewing card for specific packages gives you access to a range of programmes such a prime time viewing which is a violation of copyright and also XXX which cannot be viewed legally in Ireland.

You can watch Sky and that is it...legally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I heard a major Pub in Dublin advertising on the radio last weekend that they were showing both the Man Utd - Southampton and Liverpool - West Ham match live on 2 different screens.
    They dont seem to be afraid of Sky ?

Advertisement