Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft is way way way behind in Mobile phone OS's

• 24-10-2002 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Just saw this story in The Register... one bit I thought was funny was the last line ... just shows what money will buy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

reading the FT article gates was referring to their position in the market - don't see how they could be anywhere else except behind at the moment as they haven't any devices shipping - and nokia are no. one?

i'd be more interested to see how the devices fair once they start shipping

unfortunately the article tried to get so many kicks in it lost itself, which is a pity as the guy did manage to make two good points (integrated Bluetooth and Camera) - pity they were buried in the anti-MS tirade

had three models of the MS smartphones demoed over the last two days and they impressed me - the lack of integrated bluetooth was an issue though - but the BT SDIO option might workout

I'd swap my 7650 for one (The Orange SPV) - although the P800 would still win it for me the moment

Brian G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

InfoSync got a pre-release Orange SPV handset so they have a "preview review" :) with screenshots and usability comments:

http://www.infosync.no/news/2002/n/2481.html

Advertisement