Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanners and handwriting

• 24-10-2002 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

How good are they at OCR'ing handwriting and messy/bad writing like mine?

Dizz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

In my experience (and others are free to disagree here, of course :D) OCR software, even the best kind, will not be able to recognise handwriting. OCR is only really meant for recognising printed text, e.g. out of books, leaflets, etc., and even then it will often struggle to recognise some characters/words, particularly if they are spaced closely together. I doubt you're going to be able to get an OCR package that can recognise your handwriting accurately then, if at all.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :( Though if anybody does know of a program that might work, feel free to tell this guy about it. Actually, I'd be pretty interested in it myself!

Advertisement