Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misfits!

• 24-10-2002 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Just heard that the Misfits are playing TBMC on the 15th of Feb 2003

"We are the fiend club, we are the fi-ie-ie-ie-iend club, Not You! Not You Not You!" :D:D Me so happy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Oh man, the last gig in the Mean Fidler was terrible - miming galore:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Is this a rock band who dress up as monsters yeah?
    I think i saw them on kerrang once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

what's the point of the misfits minus Glen Danzig. I mean look at the writing credits on their classic songs (ie everything pre-83?) He wrote it ALL, ALONE....

The guy was a genius and the rest were along for the ride. ( not knocking them, I would too, but hey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its a double edged sword really,
    Danzigs solo band went kerplunk and the misfits carried on, true he wrote most of their old stuff, but basically its a new line up with Wolfgang and Jerry only as the only original(ish) members.
    I love all the misfits stuff and i think their new stuff is great too, couple that with the fact that Dez cadena from Black Flag iAnd Marky ramone will be playing with them, and you have a winner.
    i know a few years ago they resorted to miming as they couldnt find a vocalist but now they have one secured and are back to playing lve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

A rock band that resorted to miming cos they couldn't find a singer. Get a grip, they should have canceled the tour.
    Danzigs solo band went kerplunk
    What you mean by this? Danzig where bigger that the misfits ever where. Metallica made the Misfits over here. No one ever heard of them till Metallica started to cover their songs. Misfits with danzig are the best that punk ever got. Misfits without him are just a comic book joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Misifts are legendary group and to this day are still considered a huge influence on punk bands and are hardly a comic book joke. And Danzig didnt go far at all, i remember him playing a few festivals back in the early 90's, that was the last i heard of him, and i also remember him getting the crap kicked out of him by the guitarist from Pearl Jam i think:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

i hear danzig is in a band called Son Of Sam with davey havok from AFI.They are on Nitro records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

You're right the Misfits are legenary, but only while Glen Danzig where in them. Glen Danzig is still as much of an influance today as he was back then. Danzig are still going strong. They released their 6th or 7th album this year. Sadly it's not my cup a tea. He's gone all industial.

Glen Danzig was the misfits and without him they are a comic book joke.

Advertisement