Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amd mobile processors

• 24-10-2002 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right im after right clicking on my computer in xp on a new xp1500 laptop in work and its showing up as about 700mz well just off im wondering is this a once off thing r what like ?

is the mobile processor that bad ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

slows down to save battery power.
    But surely it would pluck up again when the laod increases?

Does it slow down when connected to mains supply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dono havnt tried it out but when i saw it i thought there was a system problom r somthn . ive been looking on a few sites about this cause im just intrested as i was going to buy a new laptop with a amd processor but one site i saw said that they had just got to 1.3 gh in the mobile processors

somone tell me that im totaly wrong and that the 1500 mobile will run close to the speed of the 1500 xp r show me where it is on the amd website . im looking there also but yet to find where they state what the running speeds r .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

My P3 1.2 clocks back to 800mhz when Im using the battery, Its a power saving feature that you can usually turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the athlon xp's dynamically speed up and slow down depending on processor load.

If u're playing a game or watching a DVD it'll run at 1.33ghz, but if u're using windows/typing documents, it goes down as low as needed, saves loads of battery power, and can be set to turn off when on mains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah you can probably force it to 1,33ghz for ms office if you want. Any laptops with a mobile cpu will have the ability to slow down while on batteries. It makes sense if you think about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement