Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minister ahern on newstalk106 today

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

are you looking for an IOFFL spokesperson or have you already got one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

he is not legally allowed to issue directives to a commission that does not exist. why has he not set a date for it to come into existence.

its as useful as issuing mackerel fishing quotas on Lough Corrib (yes I am one of your listeners) see the thread on how he jumped the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭newstalk

already have

please send any questions you have for minister to brian@newstalk106.ie

we have a bid in for him but htey are liable to mess us around

furthermore we want questions to put to eicom and esatbt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

oooh Listenign in

Go Dangger !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Looks like he disappeared into thin air, like his proposed flat rate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

caught it my self, i wasent suprised that either an eircom pr bunny or Mr Ahearn didnt show but i thinkg the slot was at the very least quite informational and the potential of broadband and how far behind ireland is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

George mentioned the lack of action from Mary Hanafin, a valid point, but I was trying to stick with the Dept of Comms and how they are the ones who have the power to make the required changes. Hanafin's role is really a co-ordinating role throughout the departments.

I tried to emphasise the points Muck has been making in a more *ahem* positive manner, by saying we welcome the move but its imperative that the ODTR have increased posers to deal with this deirective and ensure it happens.

We already have two companies negotiating for a flat rate product. They have been since early July! This directive should enable the ODTR to set a fair "affordable" price for the service if it is to have any real effect on the situation. Eircom must not be allowed to have flat rate introduced for anything over €35 a month retail price.

I'll be doing Radio 1 around 7:45 tomorrow morning also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Would be nice if they he had issued this decree about 4 years ago during their first term, also lay into Mary hannafin, she can't even write her own emails, they clearly got some kind of pr person to do it for her, sent her one back after the scripted one I got absolutely ripping her email apart though maybe not quite so well as eircom tribunal, never got a reply. Although eircom might of filtered the mail since it heavily criticised them.

as you already know
    the minister failed to appear
    we have had this problem with all ministers
    especially minister for health michael martin re the organ retention issue 3 months looking for him, ervy day was yes maybe tomorrow

the minsiter will hopefully come on tomorrow or maybe next week, we here on newstalk106 while availing of the dsl available in d2 will carry on harrassing dermot ahern till we get him

remember morning ireland
    is no right hook

brian@newstalk106.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I wont ring fax or email Newstalk till Dermie has been given a chance to explain himself.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

We care and the longer this goes on the more interesting it will become.

we have been told that he will come on the show by the middle of next week

again

questions to

brian@newstalk106.ie

Advertisement